Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-20-2021, 06:26 PM   #261
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Rant: I agree the whole "sex sells" moto applied to every conversation about a female piece is beyond annoying. Why does that still happen? What does that even mean!? A female piece can only be appreciated for sexualized characteristics? I see that response in so many posts on Facebook regarding female pieces. These people think that the only reason a piece sells is because it is sexy. Just because you focus on that aspect, doesn't mean everyone else does.

I for one, do not think about sex when looking at a statue, no matter what sex it is.

What about male pieces with big bulges?

When all these "brahs" buy their male statues we should just start posting "dick sells."

Can't wait to see those insecurities surface.
Start a trend and rate your male statues by bulge size, I’m sure some will join in and maybe there will be less arguments over boobs and a$$....just saying.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 06:49 PM   #262
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I have no problems with rockin' titas gigantes and always getting female statues. But for God's sake, does every company have to make Morrigan and Felicia and then stop with the Darkstalkers franchise? Make a Q Bee, make a Lilith, make female versions of every character that Demitri's demon rush turns them into. Just make Darkstalkers statues!

Anyone who touches this franchise is like every damned company who gets the Transformers license who releases an Optimus right off the bat, and then stops making the rest, and it's frustrating as hell.

So back to the "bootleg / non-licensed" point... Yea, if a company is willing to release multiple characters for a change and not just the same two we always get, then so be it... I'm not gonna be a hater against them or their customers.
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:11 PM   #263
qz33
Doctor Doom

This is a male dominated hobby and so are it's source materials.
Guys are easily distracted by pretty faces and the female form.
Guys love to sculpt and draw chicks.
It's not about "sex" but the opposite sex of males: females.

And yeah lack of character selection gets old but all these companies are in it for the money, big revelation there I know. People want everyone else but far fewer actually put down the money when unmade characters are offered. Then the company has spent all that time, talent, and effort but could have had better returns doing something else. The costs are too high and competition too fierce to risk anything but a sure thing especially for small companies like HMO.

It's just the nature of how things work. There are just way more people not so invested in this stuff. They get a few and then move on to another phase of life.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 08:38 PM   #264
The World
Justice League

I don't have any expectations beyond Felicia as Darkstalkers is incredibly niche as is... Felicia and Morrigan are your sure fire hitters and they are the most recognized outside of the Darkstalkers fanbase.

Any other characters like Hsien-Ko would be a pleasant and welcome surprise, but they are better off diverting time and resources to females from other games.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 08:48 PM   #265
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Again, I get that companies who do official/licensed releases are stuck with these two characters. And that's why when I see custom/fan made statues being released, and people kinda crap all over them, I get kinda salty.

If a company is gonna bootleg something that the actual IP owners won't release officially, then who cares? Let the fans do what they want. This custom Morrigan pic isn't like those Chinese companies who legit recast other companies molds and sell off bootlegs of them. With this Hard Shell x Snake Eyes pic, all I see is that a fan group designed, casted, and got support from their own followers, and kudos to them imo. Hopefully more of the franchise characters gets made that no other company is willing/able to make.

And yea, I know my opinion isn't popular. But it is what it is *shrugs*
Old 04-20-2021, 09:00 PM   #266
The World
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Again, I get that companies who do official/licensed releases are stuck with these two characters. And that's why when I see custom/fan made statues being released, and people kinda crap all over them, I get kinda salty.

If a company is gonna bootleg something that the actual IP owners won't release officially, then who cares? Let the fans do what they want. This custom Morrigan pic isn't like those Chinese companies who legit recast other companies molds and sell off bootlegs of them. With this Hard Shell x Snake Eyes pic, all I see is that a fan group designed, casted, and got support from their own followers, and kudos to them imo. Hopefully more of the franchise characters gets made that no other company is willing/able to make.

And yea, I know my opinion isn't popular. But it is what it is *shrugs*
Because no matter how you cut it, it's IP theft and it is not right to do. If you want to support that, it's up to you, but know that you will be supporting IP theft.

And even those making things for customs have to be aware of the same issue. That is why you see customs releasing hordes of Wolverine, Goku, etc. because they want the $.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:38 PM   #267
DiscoCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The World View Post
Because no matter how you cut it, it's IP theft and it is not right to do. If you want to support that, it's up to you, but know that you will be supporting IP theft.

And even those making things for customs have to be aware of the same issue. That is why you see customs releasing hordes of Wolverine, Goku, etc. because they want the $.
Which is why I'm only posting about Darkstalkers and the characters that aren't being made =)
Old 04-20-2021, 09:43 PM   #268
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Both good points for and against IP misuse. I’m stuck in the middle over this one as there are things being made that will never see the light of day (EVER) because they are not popular options for the masses but at the end of the day people will get what they want legally or otherwise.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:44 PM   #269
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Rant: I agree the whole "sex sells" moto applied to every conversation about a female piece is beyond annoying. Why does that still happen? What does that even mean!? A female piece can only be appreciated for sexualized characteristics? I see that response in so many posts on Facebook regarding female pieces. These people think that the only reason a piece sells is because it is sexy. Just because you focus on that aspect, doesn't mean everyone else does.

I for one, do not think about sex when looking at a statue, no matter what sex it is.

What about male pieces with big bulges?

When all these "brahs" buy their male statues we should just start posting "dick sells."

Can't wait to see those insecurities surface.
Why? Because men. What you're describing, of course, is sexism and misogynism, and many, if not most men, are guilty of it.

Doubt you'll get much push-back here - on the internet - a bastion of rational, mature thought... Not to mention a forum dedicated to comic and video game characters, of whom nearly all the females are highly sexualized.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:11 PM   #270
dao2
Cyclops

Yeah I don't think that falls under sexism or misogyny :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote