Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-04-2021, 01:15 PM   #51
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Had myself a little modern day kaiju double feature. King of the Monsters into Godzilla vs Kong. For me, KOTM is the better movie. I’m very biased since Godzilla and Rodan are my favorite monsters.

Per usual, I found the humans in these movies to be beyond annoying - especially the trio of misfits. Lordy. The fights were a lot of fun and they went as I wanted bc like I said, I’m a Godzilla fan. And if not for a range weapon charged by Big G, they’d both be hosed at the hands of MechaGodzilla. I enjoyed the big boss fight all around though.

At the end I didn’t feel so bad for Godzilla being alone, but I feel that Kong should have more Kong friends in Hollow Earth. He is too social to just have to be around those schmucky humans.

And I didn’t pay much attention to the land speed of Godzilla. I will next time I watch. In the water I can totally see him being fast, but that’s in water - not in a city.

Oh and the biggest annoyance for me was Kong v Godzilla was at night in a shower of neon. But not 30 mins is bright daylight when MG come out and they battle??
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 01:44 PM   #52
Mister H
Gen 13

Yeah the “trio of misfits” is a good description. Should’ve left them out, too Michael Bay.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:46 PM   #53
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Universal Studios needs to hurry up on a Godzilla vs Kong ride. That part where the HEV comes out if Hollow Earth and nearly collides with both monsters instantly had me thinking theme park ride.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:33 PM   #54
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

My wife and I were happy to have a new film we were interested in seeing. It was a monster movie, some good action, mediocre story, some cheese thrown into the mix. My wife and I were glad it was part of our HBO subscription and not something we spent $50 to go see (price of tickets, a few drinks and popcorn in my neck of the woods).

As far as "monster" movies go, I still think the first Pacific Rim is better than any of the recent Godzilla or Kong films.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:27 AM   #55
Mister H
Gen 13

***Spoiler***

The story was bad and everything and the two kids and the conspiracy guy was cringe city. You gotta admit though, when Godzilla was charging at Mecha-Godzilla and then he started firing all those missiles at him, then proceeded to kick the living crap out of him....that was pretty epic.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 11:27 AM   #56
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Which makes it great.
I'll say 'good' lol

I really liked all of the fight scenes and even some of the story but like most monster movies the plot was very thin.

I still don't know why Millie Bobby Brown was even in this movie. That whole part of the story was completely insignificant.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:32 PM   #57
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I'll say 'good' lol

I really liked all of the fight scenes and even some of the story but like most monster movies the plot was very thin.

I still don't know why Millie Bobby Brown was even in this movie. That whole part of the story was completely insignificant.
When I say great it is strictly due to the monsters never the people. However, I did like Rebecca Hall's character and the little girl with Kong.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 02:22 PM   #58
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I'll say 'good' lol

A familiar face that was not hating on Godzilla I guess. Other than that???
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:13 PM   #59
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
My wife and I were happy to have a new film we were interested in seeing. It was a monster movie, some good action, mediocre story, some cheese thrown into the mix. My wife and I were glad it was part of our HBO subscription and not something we spent $50 to go see (price of tickets, a few drinks and popcorn in my neck of the woods).

As far as "monster" movies go, I still think the first Pacific Rim is better than any of the recent Godzilla or Kong films.
The first Pacific Rim movie is probably my fave giant monster movie period. It is just epic in my opinion as well.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:23 AM   #60
Gravitron
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
D!cks out for Harambe.
Gravitron is offline   Reply With Quote