Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-17-2017, 01:46 PM   #111
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Welp, Fedex / Blizzard did the whole improperly declaring my taxes and charged me tax again at the door despite having already paid the tax prior to shipping. and like last time, i doubt i'm going to be able to get the tax back again.
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:00 PM   #112
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfnar View Post
Welp, Fedex / Blizzard did the whole improperly declaring my taxes and charged me tax again at the door despite having already paid the tax prior to shipping. and like last time, i doubt i'm going to be able to get the tax back again.
Couldn't you have refused the package?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:16 PM   #113
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I keep coming back to this statue. She looks so amazing in hand. I love it. The robot is so imposing too. I wish there were more mecha statues in general.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:23 PM   #114
Ulfnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Couldn't you have refused the package?
catch 22 is that I actually want the statue lol.

I've grabbed my credit card statements and the original email receipts from blizzard etc and forwarded them to fedex's customs and tax dispute department with my issue. I'm hoping i can convince them to refund me and go after blizzard for the taxes.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:43 PM   #115
BiaLos
Fantastic Four

If they billed you incorrectly, can't you do a charge back for the incorrect amount? Assuming Blizzard doesn't take ownership of the error.
BiaLos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:50 PM   #116
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
catch 22 is that I actually want the statue lol.

I've grabbed my credit card statements and the original email receipts from blizzard etc and forwarded them to fedex's customs and tax dispute department with my issue. I'm hoping i can convince them to refund me and go after blizzard for the taxes.
Yeah, I get that. However, I wouldn't pay for someone else's mistake. Not to mention that refusing the package may have been your best chance to resolve the issue. These statues are open editions and as such will be readily available for the foreseeable future. So there is no rush. Refusing the package sends the statue back on Blizzard's dime and they would owe you a complete refund should they not resolve the matter. Instead you've accepted to pay for the extra fees and will likely have to jump through hoops to get what is owed to you.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:11 PM   #117
Ulfnar

Quote:
Yeah, I get that. However, I wouldn't pay for someone else's mistake. Not to mention that refusing the package may have been your best chance to resolve the issue. These statues are open editions and as such will be readily available for the foreseeable future. So there is no rush. Refusing the package sends the statue back on Blizzard's dime and they would owe you a complete refund should they not resolve the matter. Instead you've accepted to pay for the extra fees and will likely have to jump through hoops to get what is owed to you.
Yea, i see what you're saying. that may have been the best way to play it, it didn't even occur to me to refuse the package at delivery though.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:19 PM   #118
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Yea, i see what you're saying. that may have been the best way to play it, it didn't even occur to me to refuse the package at delivery though.
Yeah, probably easier for someone like me, who is outside of the situation, to suggest after the fact. I hope it didn't come off as a criticism. Just wanted to point out an alternative way to handle it. I really hope you get your money back. I don't envy those who have to deal with import duties, taxes upon arrival, custom fees, etc, etc.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:46 PM   #119
Vendetta
The X-Men

Got mine today and just set it up - as I briefly inspected each piece, I saw a number of paint mishaps and perhaps odd attempts at weathering that disappointed me, but I kind of forgot about them after setting the whole thing up - this thing has quite a bit of presence for a 1/6th scale statue.

I was hoping for more of a pristine / automotive paint job, but I think that's actually more difficult to execute (I believe it's the main reason P1 gave for their Eva statues being so expensive).

The paint is in-line with the rest of the line, which is ultimately acceptable quality at $150 a pop but harder to feel good about at $450. I don't regret getting D.Va as I enjoy the character design and think the statue will still look awesome in my display; the only major negative for me is that the paint job falls short of my expectations (was hoping for quality in-line with their $350 1/5 Warcraft stuff - was definitely more impressed with the paint on my Sylvanas).
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:49 PM   #120
Ulfnar

Quote:
Yeah, probably easier for someone like me, who is outside of the situation, to suggest after the fact. I hope it didn't come off as a criticism. Just wanted to point out an alternative way to handle it. I really hope you get your money back. I don't envy those who have to deal with import duties, taxes upon arrival, custom fees, etc, etc.
No worries, here's the the thing with criticism, if it's constructive, goal oriented, and useful with a clear action plan for now or the future, it demonstrates actual caring about helping someone. I don't see how anyone would be upset receiving constructive criticism like that.

Thanks for the good idea for next time if it happens again, i appreciate it.