Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-18-2017, 11:39 AM   #23221
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
TFA - 5/10 - that's me being kind

Rouge One - 9/10 - Thought it was fantastic!

lol just noticed you asked the folks who saw the last Jedi.
The Last Jedi - 6/10 - cool/awesome moments wrapped in a mediocre movie
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:36 PM   #23222
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
make sure you guys post scores/thoughts. Interested to see where your opinions lie.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 8.5/10

I pretty much feel the same way you do. I thought it was very refreshing and this new approach is something the series needed. The uncertainty of how things would play out kept me on the edge of my seat. The new characters are really coming into their own and have proven to me that they can carry this trilogy on their own. The performances from Fisher and Hamill were also a treat. Especially from Hamill.

That said, some more editing could have helped with the film's pacing and run time. It seemed to stutter a bit at times. For that reason I wasn't a fan of the Canto Bight scenes. They felt largely unnecessary and poorly executed. Story wise only one particular aspect seemed questionable, but we'll see how it plays out in the next film. Other than that I really enjoyed the movie.

My previous ratings for reference:

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 9/10
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - 7.5/10

Yes, I still enjoyed TFA the most. I know the story relies a lot on revisited themes but I find the film as a whole very entertaining. The sense of adventure is what I love about Star Wars and TFA has that in spades. For me TFA reinvigorated what made Star Wars so appealing and TLJ took the series in a bold new direction. Perfect execution so far, IMO.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:39 PM   #23223
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 8.5/10

I pretty much feel the same way you do. I thought it was very refreshing and this new approach is something the series needed. The uncertainty of how things would play out kept me on the edge of my seat. The new characters are really coming into their own and have proven to me that they can carry this trilogy on their own. The performances from Fisher and Hamill were also a treat. Especially from Hamill.

That said, some more editing could have helped with the film's pacing and run time. It seemed to stutter a bit at times. For that reason I wasn't a fan of the Canto Bight scenes. They felt largely unnecessary and poorly executed. Story wise only one particular aspect seemed questionable, but we'll see how it plays out in the next film. Other than that I really enjoyed the movie.

My previous ratings for reference:

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 9/10
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - 7.5/10

Yes, I still enjoyed TFA the most. I know the story relies a lot on revisited themes but I find the film as a whole very entertaining. The sense of adventure is what I love about Star Wars and TFA has that in spades. For me TFA reinvigorated what made Star Wars so appealing and TLJ took the series in a bold new direction. Perfect execution so far, IMO.
Agree completely.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:55 PM   #23224
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
wow, initially all i was hearing was good things now it seems like a mixed bag. going tomorrow, still looking forward to it - my boy hellboy and i have pretty similar tastes
Uh oh... no pressure there.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:57 PM   #23225
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

last jedi - 5/10

I didnt think they could have possibly made a star wars movie worse than the force awakens, but here it is. IMO TLJ is the worst star wars movie ever made, just narrowly passing TFA as the worst, at least TFA had some promising ideas that TLJ took and did nothing with, there was no story, no explanations, just poor all around, I dont even think Rian watched TFA before making this crap-fest
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:56 PM   #23226
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Uh oh... no pressure there.
dont let me down

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:03 PM   #23227
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:05 PM   #23228
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Last Jedi. 3/10.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:04 PM   #23229
Wurmtongue
The Herculoids

^ i agree with marvelboi77. I liked seeing Chewie and the Falcon. That reminds me of what SW was in 70s, 80s growing up as a kid in the 70s SW meant everything to me. Empire in 80 was the pinnacle and everything went downhill afterwards. granted every movie afterwards does have good parts within them but they seem to fail us (me) every time. one of the best parts was when Luke told R2 there wasn't anything he could say to change Luke's decision and R2 played back Leia from the the original saying "help us Obi Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope". that overweight glob of grease is still as calculated as ever.
Wurmtongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:29 PM   #23230
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Last Jedi 4/10

Well that was a fun 3 hours. A packed cinema with idiot teenagers talking and texting behind me, fat sweaty nerds discussing all the plot holes whilst the film was running in front of me and to cap it off the film was a butt numbing let down. TFA was rubbish except for the nostalgia. The next one I'll watch on dvd.
Darth Ken is on par with jar jar binks as the crappest SW character ever.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote