Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #561
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Capitalism at its best,lets get the cheapest material possible to our costumers to maximize profits.
I don't know about that but SSC needs to put something on there website when a statue is made entirely (or majority) is pvc. I would be pissed if I received any statue and find out it's not polystone.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:45 PM   #562
khrisc
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
yeah one more thing SSC should have addressed to costumers first. PVC is way cheaper then casting it in Polystone.. for that reason the price is def. not fair..

but hey.. nothing for me anyway.. the pose looks totally awkward tbh .. but if I would have bought it - I would be pretty pissed

Im not sute but i read from fb someone at ss said pvc is more expensive than polystone to make..BS!
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:58 PM   #563
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
Im not sute but i read from fb someone at ss said pvc is more expensive than polystone to make..BS!
The process is more expensive however if you make it in mass qty, it is far cheaper then conventional Polystone.
It's a very misleading statement though by SSC, jmho.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:05 PM   #564
khrisc
The X-Men

Sideshow Collectibles..the #1 company in misleading customers..this should be their new tagline LOL
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:59 PM   #565
ReplicantSavior

Someone from Sideshow needs to chime in on this. I was never polystone crazy like a lot of people. Whatever material is best is fine to me as long as the statue is good. However, like a lot of people I always assumed that these Premium Format statues were different than Japanese PVC statues that many worry about bending or changing color over time. It is a significant change when a company known for polystone statues decides to make a PVC one and thinks it's ok not to inform customers of the change.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:59 PM   #566
QuiGonFishing
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

QuiGonFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #567
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Someone from Sideshow needs to chime in on this. I was never polystone crazy like a lot of people. Whatever material is best is fine to me as long as the statue is good. However, like a lot of people I always assumed that these Premium Format statues were different than Japanese PVC statues that many worry about bending or changing color over time. It is a significant change when a company known for polystone statues decides to make a PVC one and thinks it's ok not to inform customers of the change.
The major difference between the 2 is one is more prone to bending vs the other. For sheer size & weight of each statue, I would be more comfortable with polystone. I don't even like clear resins. I had issues with some statues of bending which destroyed my statue and I was not happy about it.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:20 PM   #568
FROBAY
Phoenix

I would be upset. It is mixed media, will probly be there defense. Polystone or nothing!!
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:17 PM   #569
QuiGonFishing
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

SDGuy via SSF Forum
QuiGonFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:45 PM   #570
built2shred
Phoenix

That last picture above looks pretty good... Only thing I would of liked to seen was the cape being the same color as his boots, a darker red.

Given his body is made out of PVC I wonder if it will be leaning in a few years from now due to it's size..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote