Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-13-2018, 10:10 AM   #1
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Lack of 3D blu ray and steelbook option with 3D option.

There seems to be lack of 3D movies coming out lately and I read that Samsung and LG will be phasing the 3D out of there tv.

I cancelled my Best Buy black panther steelbook 4k & bought mine through eBay which I had to pay more to get 3d steelbook. I had also purchased Thor ragnarok 3D blu ray only because it was not released in Canada & USA.

I also collect steelbook and hate it when bestbuy did not include 3D in transformers 5, dr strange, Spider-Man homecoming, JLA, Wonder Woman, Star Wars and opt for 4k The steelbook versions are mostly sold in U.K. I had to get a friend of mine to buy 3d version and see me there copies so I can get them. Surely 3D blu rays are properly since they are rarely available at Best Buy & Walmart. For Studio to abandon it because of cost is not good. I would aurely pay a little more just to have it.

It's sad that studio releases movies in theaters in 3D and you can't buy it for home entertainment. WTF! It pisses me off when they do offer 3D and it's not included in steelbook. This makes collectors and movie enthusiasts have to buy 3D somewhere else.

It saddens me that 3D blu ray will not be available much longer. To me, this is the worst decision that these movie studio are doing. 4k is not 3D. If I had to chose 1, 3D all the way.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:10 AM   #2
built2shred
Phoenix

IMO 3D has always been a gimmick, it seems to be popular every 10-15 years then fades away again.... I've only seen maybe a couple 3D movies that were worth the ticket price, the rest of the movies were pretty lame in 3D as most just convert their 2D movies into 3D in order to charge more per ticket.

Although this time around 3D did seem to last longer but it does look like it's popularity it starting to fade especially in the home market. I know when I go to the theater I always get tickets to the non-3d screenings..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #3
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
IMO 3D has always been a gimmick, it seems to be popular every 10-15 years then fades away again.... I've only seen maybe a couple 3D movies that were worth the ticket price, the rest of the movies were pretty lame in 3D as most just convert their 2D movies into 3D in order to charge more per ticket.

Although this time around 3D did seem to last longer but it does look like it's popularity it starting to fade especially in the home market. I know when I go to the theater I always get tickets to the non-3d screenings..
Old 05-13-2018, 12:42 PM   #4
VS1976

Quote:

All the MCU movies should or could had been 3D. I mostly buy 3D when there is a lot of CGI. That's when it really stands out. Gimmick or no gimmick, it works.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:43 PM   #5
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
All the MCU movies should or could had been 3D. I mostly buy 3D when there is a lot of CGI. That's when it really stands out. Gimmick or no gimmick, it works.
For me, when your able to watch a 3D movie without special glasses, that's when it stops being a gimmick

My cousin is all into 3D at his house but after watching a couple of movies wearing those bulky glasses I always end up with a bit of a headache...
Old 05-13-2018, 03:59 PM   #6
VS1976

Quote:
For me, when your able to watch a 3D movie without special glasses, that's when it stops being a gimmick

My cousin is all into 3D at his house but after watching a couple of movies wearing those bulky glasses I always end up with a bit of a headache...
Bulky glasses? There almost the same size & weight as what you wear in the theatres.

If studio is not going to produce 3d blu rays the they should stopping making 3d in theatres. Makes no sense they are pushing one thing and not the other.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:03 PM   #7
built2shred
Phoenix

The glasses he has are rather bulky... at least they feel that way when I put them on...

The reason the movie studios are not pushing 3D for home setups is because the sales are bad. That's why TV Manufacturers are phasing it out also. 3D was a fad, give it a few years and I doubt you'll be able to find a 3D TV for sale.. right now 4k is the fad and that's what's selling...

Give it another 10-15 years and will probably have 3D TV's we won't need glasses for..
Old 05-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #8
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

All TV manufacturers have stopped making 3DTV for any other market other than Japan where they still sell well. I have an older LG 3DTV (2012) and was looking to buy a newer one and the newest one I can find is a 2016 that is sold in the US. All are used or refurbished. I will just repair mine if it ever needs to be fixed.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote