Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 09-20-2018, 07:39 PM   #1
SDguy

Overwatch Ultimate Genji Sword

Looks good!!

https://gear.blizzard.com/us/overwat...cification-tab

Comes with 1 Ultimate Genji Sword, 1 sword sheathe and 1 stand. Sword contains off/on switch to enable light-up features and creates sound upon motion activation. Button on sword handle triggers authentic SFC based on Genji's Ultimate ability.

Sword measures 48" x 5" with 1/2" blade. The stand measures 20" x 10.5" x 6.25". Made of PVC, ABS, alloy and electronic chips.

The sword weighs 2.9lbs/1320g, the sheathe weighs .8/lbs350g and the stand weighs 1lb/468g.

Includes 3 AA batteries (1.5V). For ages 15+, this is not a toy.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	18-ow-genji-sword-ss-banner-large.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	117363  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:53 PM   #2
actionjackson83
Midnighter

cool! Reasonably priced too.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:46 PM   #3
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Yeah, I'd equate this to the new Black Series Riot Trooper thing...

cool!
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:29 PM   #4
HowToLitho101
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I want them to release more full metal weapons, like frostmourne again. Man if this was less "toyish" i would love it.
HowToLitho101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:04 PM   #5
cyrax83
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Should've gone without the sounds. Makes it seem like a toy. Pass for me.
cyrax83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:46 PM   #6
cyrax83
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Never expected to buy a Genji Sword as you can tell from my above post for $200 USD + Shipping and Tax = $237.39 USD ($329 AUD).

Didn't bother buying it even at 30% off during black friday, but locally in Australia EB Games (Gamestop equivalent) had a one day sale for $149 AUD ($108 USD) so grabbed one.
cyrax83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:27 AM   #7
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrax83 View Post
Never expected to buy a Genji Sword as you can tell from my above post for $200 USD + Shipping and Tax = $237.39 USD ($329 AUD).

Didn't bother buying it even at 30% off during black friday, but locally in Australia EB Games (Gamestop equivalent) had a one day sale for $149 AUD ($108 USD) so grabbed one.
And... Thoughts???
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:21 PM   #8
Kosmopeia
Fantastic Four

I got one too.

Overall it's nice. Despite 1-2 seem lines, it's rather well crafted for a plastic display object.
The best part for me about it is it's handle, which is quite heavy (to keep the balance on the stand) and due to some rubber elements, doesn't feel cheap at all.

The blade on the other hand is just "okay". If you have it on your stand looking at it, it's neither bad, nor really wowing.
My biggest issue with the blade is: The back of it is too thick. Probably a design choice in order to reinforce it. Luckily you can't see that while it's on display.

The sword sheath is probably the worst part about it. It doesn't really look that cool and you can always clearly see it's plastic due to it's brighter colors.
Here again, it's not bad but also not impressive.

Light-up is nice, but needs a dark room in order to look cool.

One thing really surprised me though: The sound chip within the sword sounds really nice. You can very clearly hear Genji's Ultimate quote.
It also has a motion sensor. Whenever you have it activated and move the sword a bit faster, it plays Genji's slashing sound, which is ok, but also pretty much useless since you can't use the sword in any other way than on it's display.

Overall, I would give it a 7/10. It's nice to have if you are a fan of Genji.
As long as you keep it on it's display stand it's really something to look at. Sadly, some parts, like the sheath, will always remind you that it's plastic.
(I really hope we'll get a metal version of it one day. Don't need a light-up feature or sound chip personally)

Edit: One more thing: For like 99$ it's great. Decent if you grabbed it at 140$. But a total ripp-off if you paid 200$.
Bitter sweet in my case. My family gifted me the sword. So I got it for "free". Seeing that the damn thing was just released and already 30% off in the US made me pretty pissed though, since we had no discount in the EU.
Same for all Overwatch Statues. Dunno what the US gear store thought they were doing. One thing I know now is: Never buy from them, unless it has a big discount on it. (Black Friday or Christmas)
Kosmopeia is offline   Reply With Quote