Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-13-2017, 01:58 PM   #341
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"As Green Goblin Bust still needs some reworking, this Wed's PO will be the young and daring Spider-Gwen! Retailing at SGD900 and MTO Edition size (Made to order), XM's take on Spider-Gwen is of her fun, cool and music loving side atop an Oscorp Tower! Comes with 3 portraits for various moods and expressions, this statue should help brighten up the display room! Upcoming POs list after Gwen is expected to be updated by this week as well so stay tuned!"

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

- Part 2 of 2 -

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:13 AM   #342
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios Europe News

"Randy Robertson. Rock n’ roll reporter. And my current hero."

XM Studios is excited to present our next Marvel Premium Collectibles series statue, Spider-Gwen! The fun and cool alternate universe version of Gwen Stacy is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the highest possible quality finish. Sculpted by George Gregory, this highly detailed 1:4 scale statue of Spider-Gwen comes with 3 portraits for various moods and expressions!

Spider-Gwen is a variant of Spider-Man and an alternate-universe version of Gwen Stacy. She resides in what Marvel dubs Earth-65, where Gwen Stacy is bitten by a radioactive spider and becomes a superheroine instead of Peter Parker becoming Spider-Man. In her regular life, she began a relationship with Peter Parker and formed a friend group with the former and ostracized new student Harry Osborn, who is later revealed to have had a crush on her. Meanwhile, Peter began his infatuation with Spider-Woman- without knowing that she is secretly his best friend Gwen Stacy. The bullying Peter suffered got worse and worse, and eventually he creates a formula that turns him into a lizard mutant. On prom night, after he is being bullied yet again, he injects himself with the formula and transforms, going crazy. Gwen Stacy then dons her Spider-Woman costume and fights Peter, defeating him, but she accidentally pushes him too hard and kills him. Peter regresses to his human form in Gwen's arms, telling her he just wanted to "be special" like her and prompting her to realize what she has done. She then runs from the scene, creating the public misconception that Spider-Woman has murdered Peter Parker and is a menace to society and setting up the scene for Spider-Gwen.

XM Studios Facebook

Old 11-22-2017, 04:24 PM   #343
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I think she looks great. But won't be able to purchase, unfortunately.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:31 PM   #344
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Kris Bales at STGCC 2017

XM Studios Facebook

Old 02-19-2018, 09:20 AM   #345
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Just got my shipping invoice. Looks like she'll start shipping out around the 23rd from Spec Fiction.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:36 PM   #346
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Just got my shipping invoice. Looks like she'll start shipping out around the 23rd from Spec Fiction.
Please post pics when you get her! I'm anxious to see how she turned out.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:20 AM   #347
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Mine has shipped! Expected delivery date of March 5th. Is DHL a reliable shipping service? I’ve never had something shipped with them. Just curious.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:01 AM   #348
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Mine has shipped! Expected delivery date of March 5th. Is DHL a reliable shipping service? I’ve never had something shipped with them. Just curious.
Yes, DHL is extremely reliable. FYI, they charge a fee for taking care of the payment of the duty for customs.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:03 AM   #349
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Thanks for the input. I wonder what my fee will wind up costing me. Ugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Yes, DHL is extremely reliable. FYI, they charge a fee for taking care of the payment of the duty for customs.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:41 AM   #350
nearmint
Phoenix

Just received my 5th XM piece and I haven't had to pay a customs fee yet. Just lucky?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote