Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-18-2018, 04:26 PM   #741
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
David Ayer should be next on the chopping block. He is a one trick pony who can only do cop movies.He really should be doing Cop tv shows he isn’t big budget calibre.
I hated suicide squad but loved Fury.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #742
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

I absolutely loved Man of Steel . Definitely my favourite out of the entire DCEU catalogue thus far. Then again, that's likely due to big part to Zimmers resonating Man of Steel Theme which is among the best contemporary themes made for film.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:00 AM   #743
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
I absolutely loved Man of Steel . Definitely my favourite out of the entire DCEU catalogue thus far. Then again, that's likely due to big part to Zimmers resonating Man of Steel Theme which is among the best contemporary themes made for film.
Totally, agree.

His work on BvS was great too.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:21 PM   #744
Gothamite
Phoenix

I love DC, but Black Panther has grossed more in 4 days than Justice League did during its entire theatrical run.

Setting aside personal preferences, this is very bad business news for DC and Warner. It means that theaters are going to book fewer auditoriums and schedule fewer screenings for future DC movies.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:47 PM   #745
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Keep in mind that DC Entertainment is it's own division under Warner Brothers, they basically do what they want just like Marvel does with Disney. WB for the most part leaves DC Entertainment alone. But after the debacle of several of their movies Warner Brothers has decided to step in, they first fired Silverman who was more or less in charge of all the DC Movies and then they fired Snyder because DC Entertainment wouldn't get rid of him. From what I've read DC Entertainment film division will merge with Warner Brothers Pictures so WB can have more control over the DC Movies in the future.

As for Joss Whedon, I agree his humor doesn't mesh well with Snyder's darker themes...

I think Zack's biggest mistakes in MOS was having Superman kill Zod, although it didn't bother me at all it did cause fanboys (which critics seem to be a part of) to hate the film.. I think if Superman didn't kill Zod the film would of probably been supported more by the critics and fanboys...

In BvS, his biggest mistake was the poor casting choice of Lex Luthor. For someone who makes dark more serious movies, casting Jesse Eisenberg was a major mistake, it just didn't work, Eisenberg seem more like Lex Luthors dorky kid then Lex Luthor himself.

He should of also came up with a better way for Batman and Superman to stop fighting besides them having mothers with the same first name. It just came off really cheesy... something that can be overlooked with the lighter Marvel movies but with a more serious darker DC universe that Snyder was trying to make he should of came up with something different a bit more clever.

Also the Batman visions made no sense to the general viewing audience... they should of just been left out...

Another flaw in BvS IMO was the whole premise of the story in which Batman wanted to kill Superman because his employees were killed and his building destroyed in the fight with Zod... I think Bruce Wayne is smart enough to know that Superman was only trying to defend earth.... So for him to resort to petty revenge was a rather weak story line IMO.
I agree with everything you said. I feel the same with all points.

BvS, the only good part was Wonder Woman. I wish I had the editing chops and I would cut the movie to only scenes with Diana/WW and the fight scenes at the end.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:50 PM   #746
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
BvS, the only good part was Wonder Woman. I wish I had the edition chops and I would cut the movie to only scenes with Diana/WW and the fight scenes at the end.
Same should be done to JL with clips that were in the trailer but not in the final cut.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:50 PM   #747
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
I agree with your sentiments whole heartedly. Man of Steel is by far my favorite of the DCEU so far. The Hans Zimmerman soundtrack on this film is one of the best ever, IMHO.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:08 PM   #748
JetBlackMac
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I finally got to see JL.
The acting is pretty good over all, but the whole thing feels rushed to me.
But the worst part, and I hate to be this way.
The really, really bad CGI of Steppenwolf kills this movie for me.
I just cant get past it.
There's been so many good all CGI characters in movies last few years, it's unacceptable.
JetBlackMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:36 AM   #749
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I finally saw this movie and I loved it personally

there wasnt much over the top humour which was refreshing considering all the marvel movie humor these days

I agree Steppenwolf's CGI could have been better but it didnt bother me that much

I also dont really like how they tried to make Barry into Wally

my favorite scene hands down is when they resurrect superman, and especially the part where Barry realizes Superman is just as fast as him, I almost had a geekgasm when Barry is going super speed and superman looks over at him, then comes at Barry while hes trying to dodge at super speed, totally catches him off guard, and the strength show down between superman and wonder woman when they were both pulling on the lasso, felt like it was straight from the comics

I really think the DC cinematic universe gets a lot of unfair hate, they arent marvel studios and people need to realize that, and to me that is a good thing
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:58 AM   #750
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I love DC, but Black Panther has grossed more in 4 days than Justice League did during its entire theatrical run.

Setting aside personal preferences, this is very bad business news for DC and Warner. It means that theaters are going to book fewer auditoriums and schedule fewer screenings for future DC movies.
Black Panther is something special at the domestic box office. I haven't seen a film outside The Force Awakens have the sort of "sold out everywhere" situation at my local cinemas.

Domestically it's already 12th out of 18 MCU movies and within next few weeks will likely be 6th and could go as high as 3rd trailing only the Avengers movies.

I'm not saying DC shouldn't do better because I'd love for them to have MCU type success, but I think part of the issue is trying to throw everything early to get big numbers quick.

If anything, I'd say DC should scale back a bit, build goodwill, get some modest hits under its belt, and then go big again down the road.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote