Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #831
Tacheyon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plume View Post
I've never considered buying a piece as expensive as this Catwoman/Batman one... Now I'm really considering pre-ordering once POs open in Europe. What scares me (aside from the price - sorry, 250$ is usually way out of my price range!) is the huge possibility of broken Selina arms, broken Selina legs, broken-off keys (I'm assuming those are "Batmobile" keys?). It looks like a rather fragile piece?

They may end up having the arm as a seperate peice like what they did with Katana or 2nd gen Black Canary.

And then you would just attach the arm using magnets.
Tacheyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:43 AM   #832
Plume
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheyon View Post
They may end up having the arm as a seperate peice like what they did with Katana or 2nd gen Black Canary.

And then you would just attach the arm using magnets.
That would be awesome. In any case, I think I'll take my chances... I still regret passing on the original Catwoman Bombshell and I was hoping they'd give her the "Deluxe" treatment like they did with Harley and WW. This is not exactly what I had in mind by "Deluxe Catwoman" but I do kinda ship "BatCat" so it pleases me
Plume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:30 PM   #833
Gothamite
Phoenix

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #834
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
this statue is growing on me. I have to get over how short she is in comparison to him
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:04 AM   #835
Gothamite
Phoenix

Saw this pic on Instagram. Posting it here because the variety of statues let's us see different lines/scales compared to each other.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #836
ClaudeRogers
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Saw this pic on Instagram. Posting it here because the variety of statues let's us see how different lines/scales compared to each other.

I don't collect Bombshells (all of the ones released in the first wave seemed to come broken for my local shops so I was always scared of the structural quality of the pieces) but I love the artist style of the pieces. I really like how that Bombshell Flash looks. That has been one I have been considering picking up for a while now even though I don't have any others.
ClaudeRogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:52 PM   #837
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudeRogers View Post
I don't collect Bombshells (all of the ones released in the first wave seemed to come broken for my local shops so I was always scared of the structural quality of the pieces) but I love the artist style of the pieces. I really like how that Bombshell Flash looks. That has been one I have been considering picking up for a while now even though I don't have any others.
I can only speak for my own experience, but no issues thus far for me. Any pieces that have fine or thin parts (hair is a common one I see) are susceptible to chipping or cracking.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:01 PM   #838
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I can only speak for my own experience, but no issues thus far for me. Any pieces that have fine or thin parts (hair is a common one I see) are susceptible to chipping or cracking.
This particular statue has easily broken hair despite the use of wires.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:05 PM   #839
Augen
The Hulk

90% of the time on the secondary market if there is minor damage it seems to be hair chips. It doesn't seem to be specific to any particular line of figures.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:23 PM   #840
junta
Fantastic Four

I have 7 bombshell statues and all of them are undamaged. Since I'm not in NA, I was thinking it might have to do with local shipping there.

Last edited by junta; 02-26-2018 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Number of referred statues
junta is offline   Reply With Quote