Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-04-2016, 12:05 AM   #101
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

He should go through with making them. It's classic Skeletor and Panthor...collectors will pay to get them regardless that they're higher priced. I can bet the rest of the He-Man & Battle Cat regs will sell out once Skeletor's revealed. Look what happened when Sideshow revealed their He-Man...most just scrolled past the pictures. Then they showed Skeletor and people jizzed in their pants. His reveal was so popular that his Exclusive ES jumped ahead of He-Man's by over a thousand and all of a sudden He-Man became a must have. The same thing will happen if Jerry goes through with his Skeletor/Panthor combo. Let's face it, Skeletor is more popular than He-Man, and no matter if he costs more, he'll still sell out...especially since He-Man and Battle Cat are already coming.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:21 AM   #102
qz33
Doctor Doom

I wish PCS didn't have to be quite so risk averse and the market wasn't what it is.

People went nuts over Battle-Cat with He-Man. Even the forum owner chimed in. Wish PCS had got it out before Sideshow's announcement.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:04 AM   #103
Juanxo82
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I am ver sad with this !!! I bought heman combo for skeletor and panthor!!! He Will be more extensive ? Its ok !!! I want this combo !!! Please jerry ...
Juanxo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:38 AM   #104
Drakull
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanxo82 View Post
I am ver sad with this !!! I bought heman combo for skeletor and panthor!!! He Will be more extensive ? Its ok !!! I want this combo !!! Please jerry ...
Yes but the price must be moderate, if its 50% price more, sales will not be ok and statue can me canceled
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:48 PM   #105
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I just hope to potential loss of the combo does not mean the loss of a mixed media Skeletor.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:38 PM   #106
Juanxo82
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
I just hope to potential loss of the combo does not mean the loss of a mixed media Skeletor.
No panthor but yes skeletor mixed ? Ok....
Juanxo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:00 PM   #107
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
All Filmation is on hold until we see how She-Ra does.

If she is a home run then we will continue. If she isnt a home run then we are calling it over.

Jerry, Not really a She-Ra fan but willing to pay the $400 extra for Skel/Pan...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:29 PM   #108
theokan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Panthor should be a way for PCS to get their money back on the Battlecat sculpt, since Battlecat without the helmet is already a 100% panthor sculpt, they could just repaint him which is exactly how Mattle does it anyway. All he needs is a Snake mountain theme base.

This is all of course based on the assumption that a completely new Panthor sculpt is not possible cost wise. IMO There's a point where it's ok to reuse large expensive sculpts if A) the sculpt actually makes sense to re-use and B) the project would be scrapped otherwise. Panthor IMO is a perfect example.

----
theokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:59 PM   #109
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Best to just let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theokan View Post
Panthor should be a way for PCS to get their money back on the Battlecat sculpt, since Battlecat without the helmet is already a 100% panthor sculpt, they could just repaint him which is exactly how Mattle does it anyway. All he needs is a Snake mountain theme base.

This is all of course based on the assumption that a completely new Panthor sculpt is not possible cost wise. IMO There's a point where it's ok to reuse large expensive sculpts if A) the sculpt actually makes sense to re-use and B) the project would be scrapped otherwise. Panthor IMO is a perfect example.

----
No way I'm paying $1,200 even $800 for a reused Battle-Cat variant sculpt painted purple. No way no how.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:11 PM   #110
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

At least give us Skeletor
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote