Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-13-2018, 03:26 PM   #371
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I wasn't aware of this policy. How can they charge a restocking fee for something that's not yet in stock?
It’s really a cancellation fee. They should change the wording or just put a disclaimer at the time of pre-order that part of the deposit is non-refundable. I’m glad this was brought up though as I wasn’t aware of it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #372
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Yeah, I'm not mad about it...I think it's cool some fans are getting it that didn't PO the three. Nice surprise. That said, there's a good chance I wouldn't have PO'd Bud and Lou. So, that might've cost me a few bucks. Factory's fault, I know. I think I'll keep the PO, but hopefully they'd waive the 20% restocking fee for those that want to cancel.
Quote:
I wasn't aware of this policy. How can they charge a restocking fee for something that's not yet in stock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
It’s really a cancellation fee. They should change the wording or just put a disclaimer at the time of pre-order that part of the deposit is non-refundable. I’m glad this was brought up though as I wasn’t aware of it.
Me either, but there it is
https://tweeterhead.com/information/

SECTION 21 – CANCELED ORDERS AND RETURNS
There is a 20% restocking fee for canceled orders.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:33 PM   #373
Gothamite
Phoenix

It's basically their version of the NRD.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:35 PM   #374
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
It's basically their version of the NRD.
Just buried in their terms and conditions. It should be more apparent when placing an order.

And is it 20% of your deposit, or 20% of the full price of the statue?
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:49 PM   #375
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Just buried in their terms and conditions. It should be more apparent when placing an order.

Ya gots me? I'll ask Chad when he's not sorting out this Harley snafu. Hey I just went on and read that whole thing so I could find it and show it LOL!
Old 02-13-2018, 04:12 PM   #376
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Ya gots me? I'll ask Chad when he's not sorting out this Harley snafu. Hey I just went on and read that whole thing so I could find it and show it LOL!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3sLzmmejCA
Old 02-13-2018, 04:20 PM   #377
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I was unaware of the restocking fee as well until I had to cancel a recent statue I was on the fence about to begin with after I had a major car repair. Debbie sent me an email about the restocking fee.I put a $100 deposit down on a $300 statue. I am waiting to see if I get $40 or $80 back. The cancellation has not gone through yet. If I get the refund before grphyx1 gets info from Chad I will post it here.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:15 PM   #378
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
You must have dug through my trash to find out i was obsessed with Arnie back in the early 90's
Old 02-13-2018, 05:56 PM   #379
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
You must have dug through my trash to find out i was obsessed with Arnie back in the early 90's
Old 02-13-2018, 07:55 PM   #380
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwestley13 View Post
I greatly prefer the swap out parts to their old "signed/number" exclusives. You can normally find the normal editions through 3rd parties for 20%+ off. I think the additional display options are worth the extra money.

I dislike the riser, it makes something I considered to be too tall even taller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I hope the riser is not standard issue and we get an official Tweeterhead comment on that. The only reason I ordered Joker was to get the riser. I would have been happy with only Harley, Bud and Lou. And since Tweeterhead charges a 20% restock fee on any preorder cancellations I won't be cancelling him.

Just saw haljordan99's post that these were from Sideshow purchases so it is standard issue.........Could have saved myself $300.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I get it's not the end of the world, but IMO it's a pretty big oversight. I don't know how much I actually care about the riser, but in the collectible world it was still an exclusive bonus for meeting certain criteria. If you're on the fence about ordering Bud and Lou, that bonus may be what pushes someone over. I can say I probably would not have pre-ordered Bud and Lou at this point otherwise - I do not anticipate that one being a sell-out any time in the near future.

At the time, it was a time-based decision as well. I seem to recall there being a brief window from when the riser bonus for buying all three was announced and Harley EX pre-orders were being shut down. Now the EX is still able to be ordered and it seems like everyone is getting the riser bonus.

For me, I'm not really upset about it or anything. I can see where some would be, though.
Quote:
I'm not upset about it but I am disappointed. I only bought Joker to get the riser for Harley, and I met the criteria that was laid out to do that. Now I find out it didn't matter (Through no fault of Tweeterhead).

Tweeterhead puts out some spectacular pieces and I will continue to buy from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Yeah, I'm not mad about it...I think it's cool some fans are getting it that didn't PO the three. Nice surprise. That said, there's a good chance I wouldn't have PO'd Bud and Lou. So, that might've cost me a few bucks. Factory's fault, I know. I think I'll keep the PO, but hopefully they'd waive the 20% restocking fee for those that want to cancel.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Quote:

Quote:
I was unaware of the restocking fee as well until I had to cancel a recent statue I was on the fence about to begin with after I had a major car repair. Debbie sent me an email about the restocking fee.I put a $100 deposit down on a $300 statue. I am waiting to see if I get $40 or $80 back. The cancellation has not gone through yet. If I get the refund before grphyx1 gets info from Chad I will post it here.
Okay, heard from Chad. The risers are indeed in all the Harleys. This was something that was only discovered once collectors started getting their statues. Definitely understands that folks were buying the Harley, Bud and Lou, and Joker ex because they wanted the risers. They are getting it and a lot more extras than the regulars, plus $15 credit for future purchases. It's an unfortunate error. He wants to give the most flexibility to the collectors with their statues and sometimes things get muddled. It was never an intent to be dishonest or defraud the collector. In the long run, the collectors benefitted at TH's expense. Moving forward the extras for the exes will be for the ex alone. And believe me when you see the line up you'll appreciate the lengths he is going to in this line up.

The 20% 'restock/cancellation fee' is on the entire amount of the item. That will be clarified on the site in the future. As a small company, they simply cannot store and eat the costs as some of the larger statue companies are able to do. When I say these are literally made to order, I mean literally. Those who ordered the Nevermore clock from the Munsters line will attest to that. I can certainly say that regarding my LC WW. Again as with any company most of the fine print sometimes gets overlooked in our excitement at seeing the amazing products. I've been guilty of it and until this topic was brought up, I didn't know about it. Right now it's a necessary evil for Tweeterhead.

Have faith that you will be getting a set of characters that you have wanted and they will forever be in your collection and you won't stop admiring them. SDCC is right around the corner. Wait till you see what's coming.