Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 12-14-2017, 03:20 PM   #1
pinkxter
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Damage Statue Partial Credit

Hi - I bought a statue off eBay, problem is one of the spikes on the helmet is broken and the piece is not in the box.

They advertised it as new in box, etc.

I was thinking of doing a return, but if they offer partial credit, what is fair? The value of the statue is $300.

There are other dings/small nicks off the paint but the one missing spike is main concern, the rest of the spikes seem fine.

Just looking for opinions, at this point im thinking of returning but wanted to see if i can be ok with the one broken spike what i should work out.
pinkxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:31 PM   #2
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm in a similar situation now and have been a couple times in the past from collecting older pieces. If you have time, do research into how much you'd be willing to invest in fixing the piece yourself if the repairs came out of your pocket (I include time investment in that too.) Then you can determine if the credit offered is acceptable to you. Because it's missing a piece altogether, you will likely need a customizer or to find a loose spike on eBay, which is always difficult (this strategy really only works in the toy community where everyone's trading parts as custom fodder.)

From my personal experience, I 100% regret 3 out of 4 times I accepted partial credit. The pieces I fixed I still remembered the what they looked like broken and it added baggage to what's supposed to be a relaxing experience viewing it. I wouldn't even bank on keeping the discounted broken statue as a placeholder because, while you may be able to put hat money toward finding a mint one down the line, you could've had all of that money to do so if you returned it for a refund.

Sorry you're going through this.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:35 PM   #3
pinkxter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I'm in a similar situation now and have been a couple times in the past from collecting older pieces. If you have time, do research into how much you'd be willing to invest in fixing the piece yourself if the repairs came out of your pocket (I include time investment in that too.) Then you can determine if the credit offered is acceptable to you. Because it's missing a piece altogether, you will likely need a customizer or to find a loose spike on eBay, which is always difficult (this strategy really only works in the toy community where everyone's trading parts as custom fodder.)

From my personal experience, I 100% regret 3 out of 4 times I accepted partial credit. The pieces I fixed I still remembered the what they looked like broken and it added baggage to what's supposed to be a relaxing experience viewing it. I wouldn't even bank on keeping the discounted broken statue as a placeholder because, while you may be able to put hat money toward finding a mint one down the line, you could've had all of that money to do so if you returned it for a refund.

Sorry you're going through this.
Thanks, I honestly feel bad for the seller too, I don't think his intention was that, he said he had it boxed up for a while, now if I had found the piece, it would have been easier, problem is piece is not there at all.

I mean honestly i wouldn't repair it because getting that piece fabricated would be a hassle, I may just return it.

I've sent them an email.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #4
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

What is the piece?

A big spike?
A little one?

In the front? Back?
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:47 PM   #5
pinkxter

I've attached a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171213_205412 (1).jpg
Views:	44
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	110058  
Old 12-14-2017, 10:19 PM   #6
cyrax83
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Doesn't look that bad
cyrax83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:54 PM   #7
travis
A.I.M.

That is an easy not so complicated fix
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:35 AM   #8
pinkxter

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post