Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-08-2017, 04:16 PM   #381
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I think it looks great. By far the best availible carnage do far.....and for a while
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:39 PM   #382
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
I think it looks great. By far the best availible carnage do far.....and for a while
It's my favorite as well, but this piece seems to be very polarizing. I'm not too crazy about the poses of the Sideshow pieces. With the XM he has a cool predatory looking pose. Also the nontongue portrait is my favorite of all the Carnage statues. This piece reminds me of the 1/6 Koto statue that I really liked.

I think its going to look great with Venom. I hope XM will be doing a Symbiote Spidey as well.

GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:27 PM   #383
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
It's my favorite as well, but this piece seems to be very polarizing. I'm not too crazy about the poses of the Sideshow pieces. With the XM he has a cool predatory looking pose. Also the nontongue portrait is my favorite of all the Carnage statues. This piece reminds me of the 1/6 Koto statue that I really liked.
I agree. The sculpts themselves are fine, but nothing about either of SSs body proportions nor pose says symbiote - or Carnage - to me.

The only Carnage I've liked enough to own, to this point, has been the Koto.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:30 AM   #384
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I think this has potential to be the best Carnage, but the paint app needs some work imo. Something about the black parts of the symbiote don't look like that liquid swirling about that I envision it to be. Rather it looks like a strange layer on top right now. But if they can improve the paint app this will be stellar.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:46 AM   #385
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
I think this has potential to be the best Carnage, but the paint app needs some work imo. Something about the black parts of the symbiote don't look like that liquid swirling about that I envision it to be. Rather it looks like a strange layer on top right now. But if they can improve the paint app this will be stellar.
ITA.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:48 PM   #386
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
ITA.
I don't understand that criticism, but I'd like to. Maybe it's a semantics issue?

People level that complaint against the XM...but I'm looking at the pics of both SS statues a couple posts above... and it's exactly the same thing - the black appears like a liquid lying on the surface of the red 'skin', in all instances (including the Koto I have).

Could you please elaborate? Is it perhaps rather that the XM has too much black goo for you, making it appear less blended to you? Both Sideshow's, especially the first, have very sparse goo.

Is there a pic of Carnage that shows what you're expecting? Some quick googling turns up some drawings that I guess have more of a 'mixture' to the colors, but I'm not aware of a statue that has - because the statues clearly must deal more so with the 'depth' dimension, and they've all seemingly dealt with it in the same way - by having the black on top of the red. That's what leads me to believe the issue is more about the ratio of red to black, rather than the surface issue.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:18 PM   #387
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I feel the. m Carnage looks exceptional however the base is a big too overpowering for me. I have the new SS on order. The old SS comiquette was a beautiful piece however I felt it was slightly oversized.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:42 PM   #388
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

I think the base is just fine for my liking but there is too much black honestly and not enough red to be seen because of so much black. This Carnage is by far the best Carnage every produce.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:54 PM   #389
aa909
The Green Hornet

I really like the base, the pose and the presence of this piece. Something is off though, trying to put my finger on it, it may be too much of the black symbiont which takes away from the underlying red carnage body...
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:05 PM   #390
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Hmm, maybe I hit on it?

I'm ok with it as is, but I would be interested to see what it would look like with the black dialed back maybe 10-15%.