Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: In what condition did your Scorpion Statue arrive ?
My Scorpion Statue was fine 18 24.66%
My Scorpion Statue had flaws/breakage but I did not report to Sideshow 10 13.70%
My Scorpion Statue had flaws/breakage and I reported to Sideshow 32 43.84%
I have not checked my Scorpion Statue yet 13 17.81%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2012, 03:23 AM   #41
Vaako
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly76 View Post
Yea it could possibly be the next grail like Akuma, but if you decide to sell this baby later you better pack it really good or prepare for a negative paypal account...lol
exactly
Vaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #42
Bruticus
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerFly View Post
Hi Jerry,

So at this point, out of the people that have opened their statues:

23, broken and reported
6, broken and not reported
14, fine

so we have 67.4% damage rate with a 53% report rate, (46% report rate if you count the ones who have not opened theirs). You'll probably have a few more stragglers roll in later, but can you please enlighten us with what Sideshow told you about breakages?

Beyond that, I would love to hear your thoughts on whether you personally believe these statues are of a 'quality' construction?

Finally, I was wondering what is going to happen to all of the pieces that are going to be returned? Do you have to refund Sideshow for all of those and then have to pay to have them shipped back to you? It seems like a lot of expense, and a lot of customer dissatisfaction that could be avoided by upping the discount that is Sideshow is offering. $35 is a joke for statues that are coming broken in several places, magnets falling out, and all of the future failures the construction of this piece almost guarantees. It scares me to think that a lot of these will be glued back together, and then miraculously end up on 'Second Chance'.

These are just questions. No agenda. Just generally interested in what happens when issues of this magnitude occur.
Since we are toying with statistics then one can do like this. If I assume that these are the only ones damaged then we have 29 damage pieaces of 700 about 4.1% and a whooping 95.9 % that are fine. Even if I dubbble the damaged ammount it would still not reach 10% and the pieces that were fine would be over 90%.

Therefore putting in % and adding it to this thread like you do cause noting more then fule to te fire. The statistics looks bad if you do it the way you do it and since you only know about 43 in total of all 700 pieces (ex +reg) your post means little.

Statistics can be changed, pointed, improved to get the result you want. This is such a small isolated communety were not even 10% are acounted for and therefore you can not give a clear % of how good/bad the damaged ratio is.

So in both PCS, Sideshow, GG or whatever, dont toss % around like this because it adds nothing , unless you have a bigger set numbers, in a case like this with 700 pieces, you need atleast 150-200 to get a correct estimated results.
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:02 AM   #43
firefly76
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I think they stopped at 400 pieces bro, look at the bottom of your base
firefly76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:25 AM   #44
Bruticus

Yes 400 reguler but the damaged ppl are reporting in are both ex and reg. there were 300 ex and 400 reg if not misstaken so 700 in total.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:26 AM   #45
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Mine is still on the way over back to Asia. 3 more weeks for me
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #46
FROBAY
Phoenix

Thats a whole lot of damages. Sorry to hear that.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #47
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
Since we are toying with statistics then one can do like this. If I assume that these are the only ones damaged then we have 29 damage pieaces of 700 about 4.1% and a whooping 95.9 % that are fine. Even if I dubbble the damaged ammount it would still not reach 10% and the pieces that were fine would be over 90%.

Therefore putting in % and adding it to this thread like you do cause noting more then fule to te fire. The statistics looks bad if you do it the way you do it and since you only know about 43 in total of all 700 pieces (ex +reg) your post means little.

Statistics can be changed, pointed, improved to get the result you want. This is such a small isolated communety were not even 10% are acounted for and therefore you can not give a clear % of how good/bad the damaged ratio is.

So in both PCS, Sideshow, GG or whatever, dont toss % around like this because it adds nothing , unless you have a bigger set numbers, in a case like this with 700 pieces, you need atleast 150-200 to get a correct estimated results.

biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #48
Bruticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Thats a whole lot of damages. Sorry to hear that.
so 30 reported brooken statues of 700 is alot...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I fully understand the baisic of mathematics and statistic is hard for most ppl to grasp....youll learn eventually.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #49
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus View Post
so 30 reported brooken statues of 700 is alot...?

I fully understand the baisic of mathematics and statistic is hard for most ppl to grasp....youll learn eventually.
Be real man, Look at the poll again and think a minute......Does it look like all 700 owners voted in this poll...no.

But for the amount of people that did vote, the breakage is high. The poll is probly a fair representation on a whole.

FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #50
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

so jerry what was the final number from sideshow?
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote