Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-16-2017, 03:58 PM   #221
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Thanks and likewise. Resistance is futile! I literally said to myself, "self, who are you kidding?".

Yeah I almost pulled the trigger on the OG just recently, glad I didn't. Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we see early shipping.
I'm glad more people who wanted this are getting an opportunity to own it and hopefully future IS 1:3 DC pieces. I sympathize with those who reluctantly bit the price bullet on the first, but hopefully the drastic color difference leaves both parties satisfied with their purchases.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:00 PM   #222
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

So the couple of you that ordered this, are you still planning getting the Prime 1 Jim Lee , David Finch , etc versions? Are you just gonna get this then?

I'm trying to decide, as I only want 1.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #223
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I'm glad more people who wanted this are getting an opportunity to own it and hopefully future IS 1:3 DC pieces. I sympathize with those who reluctantly bit the price bullet on the first, but hopefully the drastic color difference leaves both parties satisfied with their purchases.
Thanks. Well, the OG will always by the OG and this a variant, maybe that too will give peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
So the couple of you that ordered this, are you still planning getting the Prime 1 Jim Lee , David Finch , etc versions? Are you just gonna get this then?
I'm trying to decide, as I only want 1.
Tough call, I was holding out for SDCC but its believed P1 wont reveal those then or at Summer WF on July 30th, so I had to bite (in my mind).

I cant go with too many 1/3, my den is pretty much built out with the P1 DKR and 2 PFs on the way. This guy is going in the office where I might have room for 2 more 1/3s. So if they are blow my mind great then Yes to finally answer your question.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:56 PM   #224
thebatmanfan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

While I enjoy the original too, I don't feel that it is better than the variant in my opinion. It is just a different color scheme and i enjoy both colors. I don't feel its worth paying the 2500 or whatever it is now for the original when I could get this variant which is just as appealing to me for substantially cheaper. I am not sure what Prime 1 has planned for SDCC but I will probably most likely end up POing both. Im looking forward to their Lee and Bermejo Bats. Ive never purchases anything from IS but this piece has been on my radar for a while now and Im extremely happy that they released it with the reduction in price.
thebatmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:03 PM   #225
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I've always wanted this statue so it was a no brainer for me. Doesn't matter what new batmans are shown at sdcc, I needed this piece! One of my favorite Batman statues of all time
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:36 PM   #226
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post
Back to the topic though, I love how this statue looks and like It better than the original colors. Would have loved to have the original add on instead of the new colored batterang and the krytogun.

I don't own anything from iron studios - How are their statues considered quality wise?
Iron Studios is PERFECT when producing movie statues. PERFECT. Their Captain America (AoU) and their whole 6-pack line from CW is perfect. They should focus ENTIRELY on their expertise. Movie statues.

Comic statues (Spiderman, Batman)? They are ok, but sometimes they go over-the-top leading to getting a toy vibe. What i mean with toy-vibe ? Too busy and too plastic looking bases. This is why i said that this Batman or their Spiderman give me a toy vibe. The sculpt of the first one (gray + blue) is perfect bar the base. Or their Spiderman without the plastic elements. Full of plastic and wayyyyyyyyy toooooo busy..

Their movie statues are excellent and i have them ALL. Iron Man + Captain America AoU, the new 6-pack from CW. Simple poses, simple basees, PERFECT likeness.

Iron Studios = movie-based masterpieces (+Blitzway)
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:40 PM   #227
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Ordered!

I really like the art direction on this piece but there is no way I am going to pay the current price for the original version so this is a welcome opportunity for me to own this fantastic piece. I actually prefer the all black suit on this version over the grey and blue of the original anyway so this version is perfect to my eyes.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:26 AM   #228
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I'm curious to see how many pieces they make of this. I feel like if people didn't have such a bad experience with Spiderman that Iron Studios would be held in higher regard. With that said, I've never heard anyone complain about the original Batman so this piece shouldn't be effected by that.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:42 AM   #229
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

^Not one complaint of that toy like - COMIC based statue, its an awe inspiring piece. Black Edition follows the same suit (no pun intended). NECA, that's toy-like and this is miles from NECA.

Congrats Viper, good call.

Funny, someone on the Freaks board made a good observation, why didn't IS just paint the OG blue, black, leaving the grey as is....?
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:44 AM   #230
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Did your guys order process for this yet? I ordered it pretty much when it went up and mine is still processing. I wouldn't even have noticed but all my pre order payments are on the 15th and the money didn't come out for this yet.