Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 07-26-2005, 11:30 PM   #11
commerce_of_thieves
Frackin!

X... Bad news, same deal with Wheeljack. Rumor has it Wheeljack (one of my faves) will not be reissued due to a broken mold. But you never know? Soundwave's mold was claimed to be broken, but he came out... thank god. We'll see...

As for the Dino's... I'm praying Man! I'm Praying!

As for GF/CYbertron Prime... pick him up and give him a chance. I did and I'm glad I did. He really kicks a$$. Or you can buy him, open it up, check it out, and then return it if you don't like it.
commerce_of_thieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 07:19 AM   #12
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by commerce_of_thieves
My mom had a friend who owned an asain gift shop that sold them to us all the time and I always thought they were fake TF's up until I found out they were the originals years later. I still have them though, beat up and played with. Did your's come with little people too? My Dinobots did, I think? I could be wrong... it was years ago. It's nice to see that even though we collect Bowen's and comics these days, properties like TF are still cherished and remembered.
Haha! I also thought the same about the bootleg Transformers Dinobots my parents used to get for me & my bro in NYC Chinatown. Instead of the red that they had in robot form, it was blue, so I thought they were bootleg. Ah man those were the days. The instructions had illustrations of the little people riders which yrs later I found out were Microman type figures. Although mine didnt come with little people as hard as I searched inside the box. Anyone got a time machine I could borrow?
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:18 AM   #13
Mike
Producer
Producer

I collect Altenators but I'm thinking of jumping ship and collecting Binaltechs. Die Cast is so much nicer.

I also have a slew of G1 toys from when I was a kid. Some of them are in great shape and others look like they were stomped on. Luckily all my dino bots are in great shape. (I am missing one though)
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:25 PM   #14
commerce_of_thieves
Frackin!

I bet you it's Swoop. I never got that guy because he was released much later and he was a bit hard to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
I collect Altenators but I'm thinking of jumping ship and collecting Binaltechs. Die Cast is so much nicer.

I also have a slew of G1 toys from when I was a kid. Some of them are in great shape and others look like they were stomped on. Luckily all my dino bots are in great shape. (I am missing one though)
commerce_of_thieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:29 PM   #15
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by commerce_of_thieves

Galactus... What's up? Been awhile, I'd say since SDCC 2004 (Man that was a fun night at ****'s). I Hope you're doing good. Diaclone or Diacron, man that's true old school treasures of the past. My mom had a friend who owned an asain gift shop that sold them to us all the time and I always thought they were fake TF's up until I found out they were the originals years later. I still have them though, beat up and played with. Did your's come with little people too? My Dinobots did, I think? I could be wrong... it was years ago. It's nice to see that even though we collect Bowen's and comics these days, properties like TF are still cherished and remembered.
Yeah, my "Sunstreaker" came with a little yellow dude with magnetic feet. I think that was the only one I got which wasn't under the Transformers name. I probably still have him around somewhere. I should take a look
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:11 PM   #16
qcjoe
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I had gotten most of the takara reissues,but I found they werent making all the G1 guys so I stopped. they didnt have all the molds.
qcjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:12 PM   #17
Mr. X
U talkin' to me?

So what does everyone think of the upcoming Binaltech Prowl. The black/white one looks good. Easily a buy there. The blue one looks good in car mode except when he's in robot mode, he seems to clash in colors. I might have to pass on it.

By the way, anyone else visit the Ultimate Bianltech site? A very kick ass site. Very imformative.

Or use Shoppertron? Another helpful site.
Mr. X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:21 PM   #18
stormshadow007
Death is hereditary.

I am a big fan of the G1 Takara reissues (Predaking, Megatron, Soundwave, Insecticons, etc.) and some of the Hasbro G1 reissues (i.e. Optimus, Ultra Magnus, Decepticon planes, etc). I never took them out of the box though, and like to have them just because they remind me so much of growing up in the 80s and not having the dinero to buy them.

Wish they would make Jetfire, Blaster (to pair with Soundwave) and Shockwave....that would really rock.
stormshadow007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 04:37 PM   #19
Nightcrawler777
spooky...

I only Collect the Statues...

But the Toys are pretty Sweet...
Nightcrawler777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 11:55 PM   #20
Mr. X
U talkin' to me?

Does Takara even own the Shockwave mold?

I really want me a Shockwave reissue. I never owned the guy. The toy looks cool though.
Mr. X is offline   Reply With Quote