Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-22-2019, 04:30 AM   #1
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Prime 1 Shipping: Economy vs. Standard

Has anyone really done a comparison of Standard vs. Economy shipping, when ordering Directly from Prime 1? What was your experience?

Is the only difference Time? Or is there an appreciable difference in Quality (i.e. Breakage etc.)?

I have the Batman Who Laughs on order (an Absolutely Amazing sculpt) with Standard Shipping because I was concerned about the Chains on the Robins breaking, but they want $395 for shipping, so I'm considering changing to Economy.

I'd appreciate any advice...
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:01 PM   #2
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

There's not going to be any difference in quality that can be definitively stated because the thing you can't account for is how the humans who are touching it are handling it. People can speculate all they want on the things that may or may not happen in packing, transit, etc, but really who knows. They're delicate items traveling a long distance and being touched by plenty of people. The only guaranteed difference between Standard/Economy is going to be speed.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:13 PM   #3
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

True. I was just curious what other people's experience was.
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:23 PM   #4
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Big and heavy boxes get treated better than the small ones. The small ones are easier to throw so they get thrown, kicked and pushed all over. It's when the drivers actually make the delivery to the doorstep that these things get damaged.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:34 PM   #5
dao2
Cyclops

Wouldn't say that. I had a large heavy box sent to me and it was clear they were walking on top of it there were footprints all over the top.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:49 PM   #6
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Like I said. There is no definitive, tangible statement that can be made because you can't account for the human beings who are handling the packages and KNOW what's going to happen.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:49 PM   #7
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Wouldn't say that. I had a large heavy box sent to me and it was clear they were walking on top of it there were footprints all over the top.
In my younger days i worked for ups as a truck loader/unloader and driver helper. Trust me when i say that the people loading or unloading are not stepping on the big boxes. These things get damaged by the drivers or on the rare occasion that they fall off the belt.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:20 PM   #8
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
In my younger days i worked for ups as a truck loader/unloader and driver helper. Trust me when i say that the people loading or unloading are not stepping on the big boxes. These things get damaged by the drivers or on the rare occasion that they fall off the belt.
The guy I got it from (custom job) sent me pictures right before he sent it. I received it with shoeprints all over it, also they dropped it off sideways.

Somebody in the process definitely stepped all over it :| The only way it would have fallen off the belt would have been if they put it on wrong as it was very long but not tall. Again they did deliver it the wrong way despite the large arrows so I wouldn't discount that but it's an odd way to put it on a belt anyway.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:17 PM   #9
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Spoiler

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:03 PM   #10
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
The guy I got it from (custom job) sent me pictures right before he sent it. I received it with shoeprints all over it, also they dropped it off sideways.

Somebody in the process definitely stepped all over it :| The only way it would have fallen off the belt would have been if they put it on wrong as it was very long but not tall. Again they did deliver it the wrong way despite the large arrows so I wouldn't discount that but it's an odd way to put it on a belt anyway.
Anything could have happened you just don't know how it happened. Conveyor belts/rollers get jammed with packages quite often due to any number of factors. I use to work for both UPS and FedEx in my younger days and packages hitting the floor or getting stepped on happens. It is unavoidable in that business especially today with how many packages are shipped on a daily basis.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote