Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-20-2021, 08:20 PM   #161
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
yeah i get that but despite being a dude in a suit two face is so visually interesting, theres no way this doesnt make an awesome statue (would love an animated series inspired swap out portrait / hand ex )

/rant #dentriot
Man, that first image of Two-Face is FIRE!
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:21 PM   #162
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
This is exactly right. The fabric jeans cover a huge notch in his leg that allows his arm to be inserted.
Oh I wasn't aware it actually hides something.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:28 PM   #163
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Plus, this is sideshow. If they put fabric jeans on Logan for no reason, you know all of these will be in fabric suits. No way is SS doing a fully sculpted suit.
They did for their last Joker PF.

As someone who doesn’t mind fabric, I definitely prefer a sculpted suit for Riddler and Two-Face. I don’t mind fabric for capes, jackets, belts, straps, etc. Small pieces, not entire outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koten View Post
I personally find a bit of mixed media usage a great feature. Rogue, for example, works very well. The old days of a full statue wrapped in fabric however should really not be utilized anymore.
That was the first statue I thought of. Rogue’s jacket is fine to me. Fully agree though, a whole statue in fabric is a no.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:35 PM   #164
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
yeah i get that but despite being a dude in a suit two face is so visually interesting, theres no way this doesnt make an awesome statue (would love an animated series inspired swap out portrait / hand ex )

/rant #dentriot
Another complication is the various styles for his scarred face. There's a lot of different ways to go with it, like your images show. Means good alternate portrait options, but then you've got to match the face with the suit, hair, and hands.

Suits are all over the place too. Black/white, burnt, zebra, plaid, super garish 70s orange/purple. Since it's Sideshow, we won't get a clearly identifiable artist version, so I wonder how they'll try to mix and match.

Two Face can turn out great, but this is the type of thing that I expect, which I'm not a fan of at all. Sideshow color palettes have been good, but this one could be a real horrorshow. In a bad way.

saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:37 PM   #165
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Wow, how long did they last in those looks? or are they still like that?
Thor still has his herald of Galactus costume. She Hulk still looks like that. Avengers is the worst comic. Only reason I pay attention to what’s going on it is because after years of torturing Black Panther, Jason Aaron has been putting him front and center in Avengers. Double edged sword. I love the character, I’m not a fan of the writer, I don’t like the book at all.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:45 PM   #166
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
They did for their last Joker PF.
Likely a lot to do with the pose.... same reasoning as Gambit I would guess.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:53 PM   #167
Peedi
The Secret Six

I don’t know so I can’t call it. Maybe? Maybe not? Is there a rhyme or reason as to how sideshow uses fabric? I haven’t seen comments from them explaining their decision making.

Only semi-consistency I’ve seen with fabric is typically if the cape/jacket is fabric, the costume is sculpted. If the costume is sculpted, the cape/jacket is fabric. Of course there’s a few exceptions, like new Batman and Gambit, but those are just a few exceptions.
Old 01-20-2021, 10:09 PM   #168
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I don’t know so I can’t call it. Maybe? Maybe not? Is there a rhyme or reason as to how sideshow uses fabric? I haven’t seen comments from them explaining their decision making.

Only semi-consistency I’ve seen with fabric is typically if the cape/jacket is fabric, the costume is sculpted. If the costume is sculpted, the cape/jacket is fabric. Of course there’s a few exceptions, like new Batman and Gambit, but those are just a few exceptions.
Every DC piece has been fully sculpted (except capes) since the relaunch a couple years ago, right? Don't see them going back now. I thought Hell on Wheels Harley would have some fabric, but it's just the pom poms on her skates.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:47 PM   #169
dechirico7
The Flash

So we can complain about Sideshow here? About anything?

What about them taking forever with the Fairytale Fantasy line....@&%$s!?!?!?!
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:25 PM   #170
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Rogue is my favorite 1/4 scale figure, so happy I got her.

For the Fairytale line, I wouldn't mind some new teasers, but spacing out the releases make it easier to collect them.

Still, one new Fairytale per year is a snails pace, maybe one every 6 months?
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote