Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-25-2023, 05:07 PM   #181
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Every time I see the Doom guy, the soundtrack from the first game plays in my head, especially "Sign of Evil".
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 05:12 PM   #182
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by How2TrainKaiju View Post
How accurate are the listed weights on P1? This thing is currently listed as being 103lbs, which puts it way past the weight capacity for all of the shelves I have. Short of just getting a concrete pedestal, how does everyone else plan to display this?
I'm still waiting for GFX to get mine in but all the videos I've seen say this is a very heavy statue. I had nowhere to display Shockwave when he arrived, so I assembled him on my expensive dining room table. By the time I got him off it he bent the leaf springs, caved the middle in and raised both ends. Their weights are pretty accurate.

As for display. Any P1 pieces I own go on metal garage shelving. I may have a custom pedestal made for this piece seeing as it's going to be by itself in my computer room. You can go wood just make sure you provide the weight so it can be reinforced. Or I might cut and rig spare metal shelving together. You really have to think outside the box with some of these pieces.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 05:22 PM   #183
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
As for display. Any P1 pieces I own go on metal garage shelving. I may have a custom pedestal made for this piece seeing as it's going to be by itself in my computer room. You can go wood just make sure you provide the weight so it can be reinforced. Or I might cut and rig spare metal shelving together. You really have to think outside the box with some of these pieces.
Seems custom is going to be the way to go as the 100lb barrier is broken. P1 lists this at nearly 103lbs, so I wouldn't trust it on anything less than solid wood or a heavy duty pedestal. My problem is I no longer have access to a table saw, and most pedestals I've found that support the weight don't look wide/deep enough.
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 05:44 PM   #184
How2TrainKaiju

Wayfair has a lot of corner TV stands with weight limits at or near 200lbs. Could be a option if you don't mind it not being encased.
Old 02-26-2023, 05:36 AM   #185
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Every time I see the Doom guy, the soundtrack from the first game plays in my head, especially "Sign of Evil".
I just pay $60 for the music. The free game is just a bonus.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 09:47 PM   #186
How2TrainKaiju

Secret Compass found some more stock, apparently. Ultimate Version. They've relisted it, but for a considerable markup. Probably anyone's last chance to snag this, though.
Old 01-01-2024, 11:01 PM   #187
How2TrainKaiju

Quote:
Originally Posted by How2TrainKaiju View Post
Secret Compass found some more stock, apparently. Ultimate Version. They've relisted it, but for a considerable markup. Probably anyone's last chance to snag this, though.
Still available. Wonder how long it'll last at that $$$.