Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-27-2017, 09:56 AM   #561
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Basically people who can't afford it and are trying to find a reason to justify not buying it.

We are always asking for bigger, more intricate statues that will last forever. People complain when the box is too big and the shipping is more money. And when there is a minuscule mark on the statue because the packing was too complicated because the piece with no seam was too big. There is no way to make some people happy. They don't understand what these statues go through from design to production to in their hands.
I care...I own the SS comiquette exclusive, two 1/4 scale customs, have the XM and new SS exclusive ordered.

companies have produced statues larger than this without having to chop them in two. I am glad Prime1 is trying to fix the problem. it can certainly be done.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:52 PM   #562
Sandman585
Hydra

I agree you can see the seam from the front too albeit hidden better than the back. I just went back and watched the you tube video. I'm confident they are working on it.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:21 PM   #563
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Seam, shmeem, don't care about lines. The more lines the better meaning more switch outs! Wished the xm cable had a removable head and all those pcs 1/3 had removable heads for customs.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 02:02 AM   #564
FlashPoint
Doh!

I love this piece.
FlashPoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:18 AM   #565
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

okay the seam is in his back but why XM is able to do it in a one solid body piece and not Prime1 ?? Their engineering team is less capable ? I must say i like a lot the XM one for his Mc Farlane head but overall i like them equally and i'm very happy to have the Dark Origins Prime1 Venom on PO
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:53 AM   #566
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
okay the seam is in his back but why XM is able to do it in a one solid body piece and not Prime1 ?? Their engineering team is less capable ? I must say i like a lot the XM one for his Mc Farlane head but overall i like them equally and i'm very happy to have the Dark Origins Prime1 Venom on PO
I think the simple answer is that the Prime 1 version is larger than the XM statue
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #567
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
I think the simple answer is that the Prime 1 version is larger than the XM statue
Not to mention that their version of Venom is based on the dark origin design. massive upper body with a more slender lower half. I'm guessing it would have been a QA nightmare to design it without seams. Maybe they might have amazing enough engineers to pull it off down the line. Either way. Still getting this bad boy. I don't plan to display his ass so the seam is a non issue for me.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #568
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
I don't plan to display his ass so the seam is a non issue for me.
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:21 PM   #569
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
Not to mention that their version of Venom is based on the dark origin design. massive upper body with a more slender lower half. I'm guessing it would have been a QA nightmare to design it without seams. Maybe they might have amazing enough engineers to pull it off down the line. Either way. Still getting this bad boy. I don't plan to display his ass so the seam is a non issue for me.
To each their own, but for me the seam is absolutely still my only issue with this work of art (and not the presence of a seam mind you, merely the positioning of it w/ the proto). For me, any statue that effectively limits the way it can be shown is a problem to me and when spending this much I certainly shouldn't have to put my statue against a wall to display it without issue. Hopefully, they're working to address the problem since this piece was a first day PO for me and one i'd love to literally have as a centrepiece for my collection.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 04:32 AM   #570
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Prime1's Venom is the BEST Venom from the 3 new ones. PERIOD. It has it all. It follows 100% the "forps way".

1) Bigger than life villain = ENORMOUS statue in order to ooze fear and intimidation. NOONE wants a puny Venom, a puny Darkseid, a puny Thanos. Especially @ today's prices, collectors want to justify their purchases and as we know, SIZE MATTERS. The average collector feels better knowing that he paid a lot, but he received something "big" to justify the money spent.

2) It has a balance between comic accuracy and realism. Perfect. 100% "forps way". It is what collectors want (balance between being tooo comic accurate eg tooo childish and realistic) .

3) It is rather cheap (899d) compared with what you get.

4) Sideshow's one, is obviously a better sculpt but the pose is making it too short for Venom. XM isnt even a contender, its too simple for a statue (sculpt-wise and colours-wise).

5) A photo of this beast from Prime1 next to the other 2 and case closed. Lets move on. It is the BEST representation of Venom. PERIOD. Move on.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote