Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-26-2017, 08:41 AM   #331
protector2814
Phoenix

Tom Cavanagh steps up to plate & hits a home run on his directorial debut on last night's Flash. When this show works, it works really well & we were due a strong, satisfying, great episode. This really felt like a great comic-book to me. Costume in last night's episode was very cool. Might have been the best episode of this season.

*side ? - So who do you guys think Savitar is? I was going with Wells.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:05 AM   #332
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

And cannot remember which episode where it was stated that Savitar was the first speedster. Savitar also repsonded to Barry's question as to who is he with "I am the Future, Flash" or maybe he said "I am the Future Flash". I think Savitar is a future Barry Allen. But if he is Barry, I don't understand his motivations. Unless he's just crazy or jaded. Why would a future Barry kill Iris?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:09 AM   #333
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
And cannot remember which episode where it was stated that Savitar was the first speedster. Savitar also repsonded to Barry's question as to who is he with "I am the Future, Flash" or maybe he said "I am the Future Flash". I think Savitar is a future Barry Allen. But if he is Barry, I don't understand his motivations. Unless he's just crazy or jaded. Why would a future Barry kill Iris?

Why does any bad guy kill a superhero's love? Because it pleases him to make the hero feel like crap. Revenge is a dish best served over a broken heart. I wouldn't overthink it. Savitar may even be a Flashpoint Eddie.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:45 AM   #334
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

After seeing this week's episode I'm pretty sure Savitar is post-flashpoint Hunter Zolomon. It would make sense with Caitlin's reaction when he opens the suit and it would also give him the motivation to hurt Flash by killing Iris.

I think in order for Barry to Stop Savitar he's going to have to gather all the speedsters; Barry, Wally, Jesse and Jay in one huge fight...or at least I'm hoping.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:53 AM   #335
protector2814
Phoenix

Doubt that CW would go back & use last season's main bad guy. But, it would explain Dr. Snow's quick alignment. I'm intrigued by her/Killer Frost's immediate alliance upon his reveal to her. Savitar has to be somebody she knows very well. What about an old Cisco Ramon? He's know all of Berry's secrets & how best to hurt him possibly motivated by the death of his brother which, in the future, he'd have had decades to stew on. He could also open gateways & build suit. (just thought about this & it's a complete guess, I've heard nothing).
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:31 PM   #336
Y3E
Gen 13

I think Savitar is Barry
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:00 PM   #337
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Gosh....i hadn't got time to watch this month's episodes......Iris still alive last i'd watched.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:52 PM   #338
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by heykool69 View Post
Gosh....i hadn't got time to watch this month's episodes......Iris still alive last i'd watched.
You haven't missed anything really crazy...yet...
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:16 PM   #339
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

As far as The Flash goes, I think the writers screwed up by making to many speedsters in the series followed by an annoying typical girlfriend story. The whole GF thing should just be a side note with Iris only being on the show part time. Having Iris in every episode makes no sense since she's not a hero or scientist and her character is just not interesting.

Iris may go down as one of the most useless characters on superhero TV. Other than serving as the typical helpless female in need of constant saving because she is too dumb to stay out of trouble, she adds nothing to the show. The actress must be going out of her mind having nothing to do save to say things like, "Be careful, Barry!" or "It's too dangerous, Wally!"
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:13 AM   #340
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Iris may go down as one of the most useless characters on superhero TV. Other than serving as the typical helpless female in need of constant saving because she is too dumb to stay out of trouble, she adds nothing to the show. The actress must be going out of her mind having nothing to do save to say things like, "Be careful, Barry!" or "It's too dangerous, Wally!"

I'm surprised they haven't turned her into a speedster yet...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote