Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-02-2016, 10:21 PM   #311
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

With those prices I understand why you guys prefer to buy direct...it's cheaper.......
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:05 PM   #312
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Do you guys not have an income tax and this shipping tax is one of your primary methods of obtaining $$$ for government use? Just seems like such a massive scam, kind of like our income tax the states never officially voted yes for but instead said NO and somehow we still have it 100 years later...
Yeah we get taxed. We also have an import tax for anything over $1k.

I would like to call it a scam, however it's not as though it's one producer, one shipping company or one country, it's just expensive to get anything to Australia from just about anywhere.

It would be great if someone shipped direct out of China/Japan, instead of sending it from there, to the US, then back again to Australia.

Popculcha looks ugly on paper, however they take into account shipping, import tax and currency conversion. They're normally over but on occasion not by much (at least in terms of statues).
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:00 AM   #313
lordofanime
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Is the box too big for USPS international? I use them all the time.
I was told that this package was way too big for USPS.

my shipping estimates were:
UPS: $314.80
FedEx: $355.12
DHL: $544.12

Damn... I really wanted this figure and I've been waiting for it for so long, but I just don't have the funds right now for this.
lordofanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:13 AM   #314
Amanasaur
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Can the size of the package not be reduced?

Is the thing coming in one whole? or the the base and fence separate in box. If it's separate it can't to large?
Amanasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:28 AM   #315
lordofanime
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanasaur View Post
Can the size of the package not be reduced?

Is the thing coming in one whole? or the the base and fence separate in box. If it's separate it can't to large?
They said that the figure comes in 3 pieces. 1 for the T-Rex, 1 for the fences, and 1 for the base.

Shipping might be significantly cheaper if the Rex was sent separately, however, the big problem here is that rexy herself is massive.

For those who are interested, sometimes shipping companies forgo the actual weight of the package if it's too big. They will measure the weight in addition to the size, they call it dimensional weight or volumetric weight. In the case of this figure, they will definitely be using the volumetric weight.
lordofanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:36 AM   #316
Amanasaur
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

We wanted Rexy big and now we got her big and now we shall pay for it.. literally!

I just hope the Chronical guys can find a cheaper alternative. Really don't want to miss out on this, it's the grail!
Amanasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:06 AM   #317
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Estimated $43

Thanks,that's about right.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:28 AM   #318
Otter
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanasaur View Post
My alternative is probably local from Popcultcha, they have the Male bust but didn't put the Stego up so I'm not sure if they'll have.

But they have the bust listed for $1300 AUD so even if they have the break out Rex it'll still be one of the higher prices but I would much rather order from Chronical direct if I can.
If Chronicle were selling the bust for US$750 and Popcultcha are selling it for AU$1300, and the Breakout rex is being sold by Chronicle for US$500-$550... hopefully she should be around AU$1000 at PC. Which is still more reasonable than US$500+330.

Fingers crossed Popcultcha carry it. They usually respond pretty quickly to enquiries about potential stock. I'll message them... once Chronicle put it up for pre-order so I can reference it.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:18 AM   #319
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Breakout goes up for pre-order this evening, if you are buying internationally you should see it show up at your local retailer around the same time.

Pre-Order Price is $500.

5pm CST Friday 3rd, 2016

Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:37 AM   #320
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Why does everyone want the lights to work, the power was out! LOL

There are no indentions in the base when she first steps through the fence. Where would the puddles go in scale?

No wet dinosaur, in scale it would just be glossy, art is a fine balance. The Bronze logo is more tasteful and less like a toy.

Paul
agreed.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote