Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
Old Man Logan
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
My question is why she's so popular? I know lots of people just love the character but I don't really understand why. An honest question, not to challenge anyone's taste or anything like that. I feel the same way about Deadpool. Just don't get either character.
I dont get it either.
Old Man Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #12
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
My question is why she's so popular? I know lots of people just love the character but I don't really understand why. An honest question, not to challenge anyone's taste or anything like that. I feel the same way about Deadpool. Just don't get either character.
Believe it or not, Laura has some similarities to the internal struggles that the Vision has faced. Whereas the Vision is a synthetic being with human feelings, Laura is basically a being created to be a weapon and she doesn't understand human feelings well. Both the Vision and X-23 want to be "real" people but don't know exactly how to go about doing that. They both want to simply belong.

On another level, X-23 is popular because she was one of the world's deadliest assassins before she even became a teenager. She killed completely without remorse.

In short, she's a bad-@ss with outsider issues. Reading the TPBs "NYX," "X-23: Innocence Lost" and "X-23: Target X" will give you the entire scope of Laura's background and what makes her tick.

In my opinion, she's the greatest character Marvel's created since Kitty Pryde, and I'd rank her in my top-five favorite characters. I love this character.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #13
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Believe it or not, Laura has some similarities to the internal struggles that the Vision has faced. Whereas the Vision is a synthetic being with human feelings, Laura is basically a being created to be a weapon and she doesn't understand human feelings well. Both the Vision and X-23 want to be "real" people but don't know exactly how to go about doing that. They both want to simply belong.

On another level, X-23 is popular because she was one of the world's deadliest assassins before she even became a teenager. She killed completely without remorse.

In short, she's a bad-@ss with outsider issues. Reading the TPBs "NYX," "X-23: Innocence Lost" and "X-23: Target X" will give you the entire scope of Laura's background and what makes her tick.
In my opinion, she's the greatest character Marvel's created since Kitty Pryde, and I'd rank her in my top-five favorite characters. I love this character.

Totally agree. I used to be in the "wtf is this girl wolverine" camp, but I read these trades, plus her stint in New X-Men and think she is a great character. Disappointed she is no longer in the titles I read now, but I am sure she will be around again.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote