Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-24-2008, 08:09 PM   #101
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
kotobukiya is huge and their sculpts are fantastic,they really did justice to batman ,something dc direct has failed miserably on many occasions.!
They are no HH
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:27 PM   #102
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Hey Big, that was just his opinion! I agree, and that is not to down Bowen. I really like Bowen's Marvel stuff, but Seth V, is the best in the biz (some will beg to differ). His style was perfect, and I have yet to see anyone capture the flawless faces of the different Marvel characters that have been done!

And secondly, in response to 1), there is no flaw in his logic. He could simply mean that HH was the best in his book and that some other companies that produce Marvel statues should have gotten the boot.

I have a question. Is Kotobukiya a really big company? I haven't heard too much about them in the way of statue producing, but all of a sudden, Marvel endorses Kotobukiya to almost Sideshow Marvel producing proportions, when they weren't even established in the Marvel statue making field. I know of the Wolverine (which was ok, I don't care for that style), but what else have they done? A little help here somebody.

You mean in your opinion correct? That's what you meant I'm hoping.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #103
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_rogue View Post
Hey, Loric. You mentioned HH would be doing fantasy stuff. And didn't a certain license of Neca's expire at the end of last year?

Could it be?

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe!

Imagine Seth working on these guys!
I would love it, but The Four Horsemen said themselves that they did not make money off the FS. They did it more for the love of the characters and the franchise in general.

So as much as I would love to see the FS Masters of the Universe line go on, I have to chalk this up as a big fat un uh no way! Besides, The Four Horsemen have a style that is all their own, and only they (the redesigners of the MOTU characters) can do that justice in my opinion! Besides, I think Mattel is getting ready to announce more MOTU stuff, just toys.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #104
rychehitman
Galactus

Loric...you NEVER answer this question:

Who are you to always be speaking on the behalf of HH, Seth, or Rob?

You seem to have all the answers but do not reveal WHY you have any answers at all?!?!?

For MONTHS you were saying that HH will be fine and you look forward to many new, spectacular sculpts...and now that doesnt seem to be the case.

HH gained a huge level of popularity with their MARVEL line. Now that that is gone, do you really hope to diminish the disappointment by tossing up smoke and mirrors about other licenses that you seem to have inside information about? Or that Seth is already sculpting for Bowen, etc., etc., etc.

Seth is an amazing talent. He will find plenty of work. I dont think anyone doubts that. But the HH Marvel line is dead at this point. Therefore there are a lot of unhappy fans, like Coug, that will NOT follow HH past their Marvel era. All these months you claimed to know what was going on, and yet it took a dealer to go public for the news to get spread here at SF. Something strikes me as odd about that.
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #105
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I did read that and that is promising. And you are right, I have yet to see a better Batman than the Kotobukiya one. Is Kotobukiya and Attakus the same company? If so, then yes they do some amazing stuff. Well, only time will tell.
no kotobukiya is a japanese company while attakus is french i think or european at the most.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #106
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
no kotobukiya is a japanese company while attakus is french i think or european at the most.
That koto wolverine on the sentinel was plain fugly
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #107
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougartrace View Post
They are no HH
right you are!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:38 PM   #108
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
You mean in your opinion correct? That's what you meant I'm hoping.
Uuuhhh.....why you. Dude.....what does (some will beg to differ) indicate to you?

Well, little green lantern baby, it obviously alludes to the fact that not everyone agrees with my opinion about Seth being the best. Others feel Tony Cipriano, or Randy Bowen or Ray Villafane are the best in their opinions. Sheesh! Do I have to spell it out for the Green Lantern Corps or what! Why don't you just use your power ring and smash me between a self made crusher or something.

Oooohhhh....that's right.....I'm composed of that yellow substance you have a dire weakness to.

Humor me Hal. I love messin around with you buddy.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #109
HoldyourfireAl
Kindly Asked To Leave

I doubt Loric has the priveledge of sitting in on negotiations with Marvel! I think he corresponds with Rob & Seth and all involved hoped for the best. Don't bash him because he was optimistic. Loric did more free marketing for HH than anyone. He deserves praise for his efforts!
HoldyourfireAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #110
rychehitman
Galactus

I am not bashing anyone Al...Just wondering what the deal is.

Loric was always going on and on about HH ( to a fault). I dont see why that deserves praise. Everyone has a right to a PRO or CON opinion. You of all people should know that. Many were CON HH and Loric never consistantly respected that position. So now that HH Marvel is gone, why keep beating the drum? HH Marvel fans will not stick with HH. Seth fans will always follow Seth, and now I guess he has sculpted the Ms. MArvel piece for Bowen.

If one is privvy to inside info., he shoudl leave it inside, and not try to give false hope, or press their view points on others.

I am not trying to start anything, and I have nothing against Loric, but he has ALWAYS dodged the questions "Who is he to be speaking FOR HH?", which hae has done on many occasions.
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote