Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 05-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #21
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

What was the book?
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #22
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff View Post
What was the book?
Patrick Rothfuss ..The Wise Mans Fear an exceptional book I really hated to finish it lol I keep putting it down to prolong the enjoyment. Its the 2nd book in his kingkiller series I cant wait for the 3rd.
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #23
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
One thing I have now noticed that the books on kindle are sometimes more expensive than the paper backs
I think they're going after the HC market to start, then maybe they'll drop prices even more, to combat the paperback market.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #24
The Batfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I think they're going after the HC market to start, then maybe they'll drop prices even more, to combat the paperback market.
yeah it just sucks that you are paying 12.99 for a digital file and for 7.99 you get printed out paper that you could resell or donate but with Kindle you obviously can..
Old 05-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #25
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
yeah it just sucks that you are paying 12.99 for a digital file and for 7.99 you get printed out paper that you could resell or donate but with Kindle you obviously can..
I'm just realizing that the price of most ebooks has gone up. I remember last year the majority of ebooks went for $9.99. I'm sure they'll go down again... hopefully.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #26
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Patrick Rothfuss ..The Wise Mans Fear an exceptional book I really hated to finish it lol I keep putting it down to prolong the enjoyment. Its the 2nd book in his kingkiller series I cant wait for the 3rd.
I'll second that. I am reading "The Name of the Wind" right now and have downloaded "The Wise Man's Fear" to start immediately after. Brilliant series.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #27
The Batfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1 View Post
I'll second that. I am reading "The Name of the Wind" right now and have downloaded "The Wise Man's Fear" to start immediately after. Brilliant series.
yeah I am soo looking froward to the next book.. but with how long it takes Patrick to write one ughh the Kindle will be a thing of the past lol
Old 05-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #28
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
yeah I am soo looking froward to the next book.. but with how long it takes Patrick to write one ughh the Kindle will be a thing of the past lol
That is the downside of these multi-book series: a potentially long wait between volumes. Just look at how long it has taken George R.R. Martin to finally finish "A Dance with Dragons." By the way, if you like Rothfuss you might want to pick up the "Song of Ice and Fire" series starting with "Game of Thrones." Any absolutely fantastic read. You can get the 4 volumes that Martin has written to date as a set on Kindle. The set is $35.99 while the individual volumes are $8.99 Well, well, well worth the price.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:05 PM   #29
The Batfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1 View Post
That is the downside of these multi-book series: a potentially long wait between volumes. Just look at how long it has taken George R.R. Martin to finally finish "A Dance with Dragons." By the way, if you like Rothfuss you might want to pick up the "Song of Ice and Fire" series starting with "Game of Thrones." Any absolutely fantastic read. You can get the 4 volumes that Martin has written to date as a set on Kindle. The set is $35.99 while the individual volumes are $8.99 Well, well, well worth the price.
Cool I will have to look those up
Old 05-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #30
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
well just finished my first book on my Kindle.. 1008 pages lol took my time 13 days. One thing I have now noticed that the books on kindle are sometimes more expensive than the paper backs which makes mo sense to me... but I guess not having to deal with waiting for a book to be mailed to me etc. On to the next book and many many more to come
Books are more expensive in digital form? This seems outright ludicrous to me.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote