Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > From our Bench

Old 08-24-2013, 03:33 AM   #61
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Diablo: I spoke with some brass tonight. I didn't really get into posts of collections. Obviously, I don't have the exact answer for every single situation, I can only do the best that I can. To not make this a long message:

In reference to paints/customs/sculpts
If it is:
legal/licensed/authorized = yes
illegal = no

Note: A 1 of 1 sculpt can be sold, painted, tricked out. There is no problem with that.

Collectors: If you are displaying your collection and there are pieces that you got on your own from who knows who. It's part of your collection, post it. Just be smart enough and not rub it in their faces with that particular piece having 17 different over sized angles with all sorts of unneeded information. Post your collection because you are sharing, not because you need a boost to your collection ego. I'm sure if someone wants special views of any specific piece, they can pm the owner.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:10 AM   #62
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

that's great, thanks d rod
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #63
logan25
Sculptor
Sculptor

I have posted a load of sculpts finished and Wips over the last couple of years, when i start something i dont normally know whats going to happen with it, most get binned or sold as 1 of 1 but the odd one may get kitted, so do i err on side of caution and not post anything just in case it ends up kitted?, or carry on as normal? as at the point of sculpting it is a 1 of 1 piece
logan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #64
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

As long as you describe your work as a 1 of 1 piece you should be good.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #65
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
Collectors: If you are displaying your collection and there are pieces that you got on your own from who knows who. It's part of your collection, post it. Just be smart enough and not rub it in their faces with that particular piece having 17 different over sized angles with all sorts of unneeded information. Post your collection because you are sharing, not because you need a boost to your collection ego. I'm sure if someone wants special views of any specific piece, they can pm the owner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
As long as you describe your work as a 1 of 1 piece you should be good.
Wow, so I can't manufacture crack cocain or sell crack cocain, but I can USE crack cocain as long as I don't talk about how I manufactured or sold it?

Seriously, if my collection consists of kits that are unlicensed and I post them in the Collection Corner and type 1 of 1 in the top of the post (which we all know is a lie) then I'm okay? That's what it sounded like you just said. The percentage of collectors who commission actual 1 of 1 pieces out there has to be less than 1%. I just don't see how going this "Collection" route is any different than what was being done before except as a different avenue for the same thing.

If I can't post an unlicensed kit that I painted in the Painters Corner, but I can post it in my Collection Corner, what is the difference??? Is illegal "illegal" or not?

This was the whole point of my 2nd post yesterday. Simply displaying something that I painted can't be illegal and therefor posting pictures of unlicensed kits I paint should be allowed as long as I'm not actively selling them.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #66
afreeman
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I'm sorry if this is a dense question, Can I sculpt Batman or some other comic character in a pose I chose, as a single original sculpt, that I do not intend to sell, and post pics??
afreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #67
mufizal
The X-Men

;(

I started my sculpting journey with that forum. Its really sad to see it go , but hey, we gotta do what we gotta do right.

I like boondogs idea. Ill go with that.
As long as we can still learn from each other , ( which is the main
point ) Ill be contempt .

Mufizal
mufizal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #68
Jokes-on-you
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Wow, so I can't manufacture crack cocain or sell crack cocain, but I can USE crack cocain as long as I don't talk about how I manufactured or sold it?

Seriously, if my collection consists of kits that are unlicensed and I post them in the Collection Corner and type 1 of 1 in the top of the post (which we all know is a lie) then I'm okay? That's what it sounded like you just said. The percentage of collectors who commission actual 1 of 1 pieces out there has to be less than 1%. I just don't see how going this "Collection" route is any different than what was being done before except as a different avenue for the same thing.

If I can't post an unlicensed kit that I painted in the Painters Corner, but I can post it in my Collection Corner, what is the difference??? Is illegal "illegal" or not?

This was the whole point of my 2nd post yesterday. Simply displaying something that I painted can't be illegal and therefor posting pictures of unlicensed kits I paint should be allowed as long as I'm not actively selling them.

Be consistant on everything not just Sculptor Corner . If kits aren't allow they are not allowed , and that should mean not allowed anywhere . So if you can't post in sculptors corner , why not just start a collection thread of "1 of 1's " I have painted .
Jokes-on-you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #69
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I'm not sure if your purposely trolling here. My response was to a sculptor asking about posting his work. Not about people posting their collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post

Old 08-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #70
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by afreeman View Post
I'm sorry if this is a dense question, Can I sculpt Batman or some other comic character in a pose I chose, as a single original sculpt, that I do not intend to sell, and post pics??
Yes. And if a member here is stupid enough (and there is plenty of them) to ask if this will be sold as a kit it will be your responsibility to report the post. We will be no longer holding people's hands on this matter.