Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
Spideristic
Kingpin

Dexter - Season 8 (SPOILERS)

Dexter season 8 off to a good start and the episode ended with quite the cliffhanger.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

bumping this up. This season (aside from Deb's usual horrible acting) has been incredibly solid in my mind. The sequence at the end of the last episode actually genuinely shocked me, which is something that the series has not done for a while.

Wonder how this show will wrap everything up
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Question

Very interesting question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
bumping this up. This season (aside from Deb's usual horrible acting) has been incredibly solid in my mind. The sequence at the end of the last episode actually genuinely shocked me, which is something that the series has not done for a while.

Wonder how this show will wrap everything up
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:33 AM   #4
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Dexter: Final Season (spoilers)

Wow, didn't realize until tonight that there wasnt a thread dedicated to the final season of the show about everyone's favorite serial killer!

I'm loving this season so far. There have been so many good moments. As much as I want to see how this all ends, I'm bummed this will be our last hoorah with Dexter and crew. I'm sure either Dexter or Deb will end up dying, maybe someone else, but they won't all make it to the end of the show.

Speculations?
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #5
darkdealx

This is my speculation.

If Dexter has taken on the 'spiritual mentor-ship' of a young Zak Hamilton, i could quite possibly see that Dr. Vogel had forgot to disclose to Dexter that they can only one of his kind. Therefore seeing Zak (pupil) taking out Dexter (teacher). Like a vicious circle, maybe Debs finally gets closure from seeing what Zak does to her brother and let's him slip pass, knowing it's no longer her brother who's doing all the bidding in taking out cold hearted killers. Debs would take on Harrison. Oh yea', i could possibly see Hannah & Zak being in cahoots with one another in taking out Dexter.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
Simplyrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdealx View Post
This is my speculation.

If Dexter has taken on the 'spiritual mentor-ship' of a young Zak Hamilton, i could quite possibly see that Dr. Vogel had forgot to disclose to Dexter that they can only one of his kind. Therefore seeing Zak (pupil) taking out Dexter (teacher). Like a vicious circle, maybe Debs finally gets closure from seeing what Zak does to her brother and let's him slip pass, knowing it's no longer her brother who's doing all the bidding in taking out cold hearted killers. Debs would take on Harrison. Oh yea', i could possibly see Hannah & Zak being in cahoots with one another in taking out Dexter.
interesting. i would hope the season ends with a live Dexter. along with BB, i really hope the shows main character lives. there was a hint at Hannah going to Argentina. maybe Dexter is discovered to be the serial killer he is, and currently living with the highly sought after (duh) Hannah. id hope they could make it to Argentina. i suppose that Hamilton would have to stay with Deb, maybe in an attempt to let Dexter live the rest of his life, Deb may cover up his departure. i think its a matter of time before Quinn catches up to Zak, maybe ending the life of Quinn. Zak is making so many mistakes that i cant see Dexter covering his ass that many times. Zak is impatient, something that Dexter most definitely is not.

itd be crazy if in the final scene, Hannah poisons Dexter at some cabana in Argentina. even though that would suck, it would seem fitting. he would truly be happy with Hannah and knowing that Hamilton is safe with Deb (maybe more so than hes ever been).

gonna miss Dexter.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
darkdealx

Lightbulb

Oh yes, forget about that mention by Hannah in wanting to go to Argentina.

All that flesh must make her hungry and fancies 'Argentinian Steak' all the time. Lol!

Let's see how it pans out.

Yes, Dexter will be missed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
interesting. i would hope the season ends with a live Dexter. along with BB, i really hope the shows main character lives. there was a hint at Hannah going to Argentina. maybe Dexter is discovered to be the serial killer he is, and currently living with the highly sought after (duh) Hannah. id hope they could make it to Argentina. i suppose that Hamilton would have to stay with Deb, maybe in an attempt to let Dexter live the rest of his life, Deb may cover up his departure. i think its a matter of time before Quinn catches up to Zak, maybe ending the life of Quinn. Zak is making so many mistakes that i cant see Dexter covering his ass that many times. Zak is impatient, something that Dexter most definitely is not.

itd be crazy if in the final scene, Hannah poisons Dexter at some cabana in Argentina. even though that would suck, it would seem fitting. he would truly be happy with Hannah and knowing that Hamilton is safe with Deb (maybe more so than hes ever been).

gonna miss Dexter.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #8
Simplyrob

Another great episode tonight. This summer season seemed to go by reay quickly. Only 3 episodes left, right? I hope I'm right about the whole Argengina thing. With Zak gone and Vogel lying to Dexter, he's gonna have to rely on Deb and Hannah to help. Hope nothing happens to either one of them.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:57 AM   #9
Simplyrob

damn. honestly, this has been my favorite show on television for the past 7 years. really, really going to miss it. ive read all the books, so, guess ill have to wait on the next one of those or a spinoff (rumored). i hope he makes it out alive.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #10
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

so I'm not really sure what happened but to me this whole final season has just went off the tracks and become a giant bore. Started strong, and fizzled out...

all I can say is that I'm happy this is ending this weekend so I can move on from it. It just seems like no one in the series puts any effort into their roles anymore (aside from Angel)

Its bad when the "main" bad guy for the season is the best acted character even when he's doing a relatively mediocre job at best.

The only good thing is that since I've already mentally written off this show, the ending could be as lame as it wants and I won't mind.

If Dex doesn't die something is wrong with the creators. A serial killer cannot just walk away after all these years and live happily ever after
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote