Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 05-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
He's overrated and unless he gets a mindset. He'll never win anything. Kobe must be loving all the hype. People saying Lebron is the best player is a joke. It's just the media hyping this guy up. Kobe is by FAR the best player in the NBA. He's clutch while Lebron lets Williams, Varejo and a 40 year old Shaq try and score?!?!?

MJ, Kobe, Johnson, Bird, Thomas, Ewing, Hakeem, etc... would've all called for the ball. Instead this guy passes it off to 2nd rate players. A joke! I hate the Celtic & Lakers, but there great organizations and deserve to win.
I agree 100%. Kobe is above and Beyond the best player.

But I think part of the Hype is due to the fact alot of teams knew he would Probably jump ship. It does seem the NBA knows he can not do it alone though, because most teams in the mix for him have cleared alot of room for him and another key player...
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #12
adee
Green Arrow

Kobe is the best player right now but he is on a much better team and has a much much better coach. LeBron is right there and he is only 25 yrs old. He will win before he's done and I think he will be remembered as one of the all time greats. There is a reason ESPN showed this dude playing in high school games. He's really that good.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #13
IronLungs31

Kobe's the man right now, and LBJ just has to wait his turn. Everyone wants him to be the "King" right away, but the King must be a "Prince" first before moving forward.

I will say that by the time Kobe was 25 he had 3 rings already, and was a MAJOR contributor in all three championships. Yeah he had a young Shaq, but he handle his business and got three title from it.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #14
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I agree 100%. Kobe is above and Beyond the best player.

But I think part of the Hype is due to the fact alot of teams knew he would Probably jump ship. It does seem the NBA knows he can not do it alone though, because most teams in the mix for him have cleared alot of room for him and another key player...
You need at least two sure fire HOF'ers to win titles in this league. If MJ needed Pippen, Magic needed The Captian, Bird needed The Chief & Mchale, Kobe needed Shaq, and the list goes on an on. Why people thought that LBJ could do it on his on...quite laughable...
Old 05-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #15
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

He just needs better players around him, he's trying to force it too much to compensate resulting in turnovers. He'll do really well with a talented point guard and big man to take some of the pressure of him. Chicago does seem like a pretty good fit but he'll have to take a pay cut vs staying in the Cavs.
Fuzzylojiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #16
IronLungs31

At least 2 sure fire HOF'ers. LBJ is one and he need one more. No one and I mean absolutely no one as ever won a NBA championship without at least two HOF'ers. I can count on one hand how many times that has happen.....0
Old 05-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #17
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

No way should you have put Kobe in that group of players that you did.
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:50 PM   #18
IronLungs31

Would love to know what you are talking about.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #19
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Preach it brother!!: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...onfuture051410
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #20
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Busts View Post
No way should you have put Kobe in that group of players that you did.

If you don't think Kobe Bryant is in the same league as the other players that I mentioned. Then you seriously need to find another sport to watch.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote