Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-04-2017, 01:29 PM   #101
toty21
The Avengers

Kelvin posted this on their FB page, but without the "Prime 1 Alien" part.
toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:40 PM   #102
Python
Omega Red

Well let's hope something comes from it, I can't think of much in this hobby currently that would get me more excited than a Prime 1 Alien or Predator..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:43 PM   #103
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Well let's hope something comes from it, I can't think of much in this hobby currently that would get me more excited than a Prime 1 Alien or Predator..
XM's non-canon Predators

(* but I'm quite happy to see what Prime 1 do too *)

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:01 PM   #104
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
XM's non-canon Predators

(* but I'm quite happy to see what Prime 1 do too *)

Magneto aside, I'm yet to be drawn in to the XM hype personally, and I much prefer movie accurate stuff as cool as some of the customs are. Especially for the money we'll presumably have to stump up. Prime 1 however have managed to wow me many times despite not really making anything from licenses I care for too much (Until their ID4 bits)

That said, I'm intrigued by what they may offer for sure.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:45 PM   #105
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Magneto aside, I'm yet to be drawn in to the XM hype personally, and I much prefer movie accurate stuff as cool as some of the customs are. Especially for the money we'll presumably have to stump up. Prime 1 however have managed to wow me many times despite not really making anything from licenses I care for too much (Until their ID4 bits)

It's no more hype...it's fact. They make excellent products even though it may not be for everyone. But no denying their quality. I think a lot of on the fencers about XM will change their tune when they see the massive Predator in bound soon!

With that being said...I am as excited as anyone to see what future ALien and maybe Predator products Prime 1 has coming! My hope is that Prime 1 will cover the movie characters of Alien and Predator...while XM covers the creative (think Narin solo style Preddy) side of both licenses!

It truly is a great time to be a collector. I will be getting both...definitely XM. But Prime 1 quality is excellent...so I see no reason why I wouldn't like what they offer as well. I would love to see Prime 1 tackle some of the individual characters from the first Predator movie. I'd also like to see Danny Glover's character from Predator 2! I guess I'm one of the rare fans that like Predator 2 and Predators more than the first Predator!!!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:55 PM   #106
toty21
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
It's no more hype...it's fact. They make excellent products even though it may not be for everyone. But no denying their quality. I think a lot of on the fencers about XM will change their tune when they see the massive Predator in bound soon!

With that being said...I am as excited as anyone to see what future ALien and maybe Predator products Prime 1 has coming! My hope is that Prime 1 will cover the movie characters of Alien and Predator...while XM covers the creative (think Narin solo style Preddy) side of both licenses!

It truly is a great time to be a collector. I will be getting both...definitely XM. But Prime 1 quality is excellent...so I see no reason why I wouldn't like what they offer as well. I would love to see Prime 1 tackle some of the individual characters from the first Predator movie. I'd also like to see Danny Glover's character from Predator 2! I guess I'm one of the rare fans that like Predator 2 and Predators more than the first Predator!!!
I agree with everything this man has said here. It is indeed a great time to be a collector, one's spouse might not feel the same way, but there is certainly no denying it.
toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #107
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:

Aside from XM's "Darkness" sculpt, I haven't been impressed by / interested in anything they have produced so far - and didn't like the paint on the "Darkness". To be fair - that's partly down to their choice of licences and not always because of their "art direction".

However - I have hopes for their Predator stuff as long as they don't screw up the finish (I know the sculpt will rule).

Prime 1 - haven't seen a single thing from them that interested me either. BUT - NOW they seem to be getting the Predator licence so that could ALL change

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:42 PM   #108
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I don't think XM's sculpt and paint quality match up to Prime 1. What I like about XM are their very dynamic poses and that their pieces are somewhere in between solo statues and dioramas. They're fantastic in those aspects. As I said though, the paint (and sculpt to a lesser degree) quality has always seemed a bit lacking to me. A bit rough around the edges.

Prime 1's quality has been top notch 99% of the time from what I recall.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:14 AM   #109
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
It's no more hype...it's fact.

You may have taken my comment to heart in a way I didn't intend. I'm not putting down XM at all, far from it. I'm sure their products are of the high quality their customers suggest and I am of course interested in anything Predator and in that sense I look forward to seeing what they offer. I genuinely hope they can surprise me as my expectations are very much in check which his all I meant by the hype hasn't drawn me in yet. I just meant that I personally haven't yet taken much interest in them, mainly because they haven't produced anything that pulls at my heart strings. Prime 1 on the other hand have somehow managed to very much grab my attention despite being in the same position of not producing products from license I follow closely. Perhaps it's the fact they started making ID4 products, or maybe it's the fact they are distributed by Sideshow that helps. Although I think I just personally prefer their style which is pure movie accurate realism and their production pieces are generally phenomenal. Again, not a knock against XM, just a personal reference. I get why people like the stylised XM stuff such as Boba Fett which does look nice. We're all different. Any Alien and Predator is just fine by me, I'll judge it based on how good it is rather than who produces it ultimately and I very much look forward to it all.

But I am hyped for the Prime 1 Alien stuff so they have extra pressure