Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-24-2017, 09:55 AM   #81
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
buy a new camera and sell that medusa on ebay for half price
No, the camera is good. That's just what the statue looks like.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:22 PM   #82
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
No, the camera is good. That's just what the statue looks like.
I thought so
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:48 PM   #83
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:08 AM   #84
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

#21 arrived and I am very happy with it. Swap out faces are great. Very impressed with the paint on the "cloth" parts and bow. As others mentioned snake mouth and eye area along with the leather strap are not up to the standard of the rest. I also don't care for the seam in the hair, but it is only noticeable right up close depending on the light. Overall I think it is a homerun for them.

I didn't like the angry face as much when I ordered, but that one won out for me in person. I am going to try and repaint the snake mouth and eye areas, and possibly replace the strap with a more "finished" looking leather.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:40 AM   #85
StarSoldier
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
#21 arrived and I am very happy with it. Swap out faces are great. Very impressed with the paint on the "cloth" parts and bow. As others mentioned snake mouth and eye area along with the leather strap are not up to the standard of the rest. I also don't care for the seam in the hair, but it is only noticeable right up close depending on the light. Overall I think it is a homerun for them.

I didn't like the angry face as much when I ordered, but that one won out for me in person. I am going to try and repaint the snake mouth and eye areas, and possibly replace the strap with a more "finished" looking leather.
Nice feedback on this, it would be cool if you could post some pics after you're done customizing her.
About the leather strap - curious to see what you will come up with as the standard one looks cheap as hell
StarSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:40 PM   #86
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #87
desertdragon
Sinister Six

So Medusa finally showed up, super late to the party, so I had quite some time to accumulate apprehension over what I would actually receive based on what I'd been reading - I was honestly thinking I would be disappointed with the statue, or there would be some irredeemable flaw with it, because let's face it - there are only about a hundred different ways something could go wrong on this... So to my astonishment she showed up absolutely flawless, right down to the last perfectly painted snake head. In perfect order she's completely beautiful and amazing, and if nothing else, ARH clearly doesn't lack ambition with these pieces... The details on her are amazing - one of my favorites are the little snakehead motifs at the tips of her bow. Anyway, I couldn't be more thrilled with her - here she is in all her gobsmacking perfection...

desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:27 PM   #88
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The paint app on your snakes and arm bands are definitely better than on mine. Yours must have been like the second or third the guy did. Mine was like the 110th, after the guy didn't sleep for two days and went out drinking all night. It's like playing the lottery. Glad you beat the odds and are happy with her!
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:53 PM   #89
Marcel54
Hellboy

Yep, looks good....excellent photos.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #90
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
The paint app on your snakes and arm bands are definitely better than on mine. Yours must have been like the second or third the guy did. Mine was like the 110th, after the guy didn't sleep for two days and went out drinking all night. It's like playing the lottery. Glad you beat the odds and are happy with her!
Thanks The13thWarlock, and lol at your paint guy going on an all night drinking bender Though seriously, it always does seem like a lottery with ARH pieces, and I really wish it weren't that way... Maybe that's because they seem to love to push the detail level on their statues to the point where they just can't be consistently executed well... I don't know... I'm still looking at all those snake heads on mine and thinking how in the hell they got them all perfect
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote