Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-10-2016, 02:11 PM   #4231
qz33
Rescue

This is held to such high degree because the protyotype was sensational even among prototypes.

I have stuff that I believe looks like the prototypes but their bar was never this high. I have personally never seen any production effort even approach that standard which is why had such little faith.
Yes PCS does a great job but nothing of their's is painted like this Sonja.

Goodsmile's Beserk's Guts and GamingHeads Lara Croft Survivor are a couple other examples.

For something I loved I'd glady pay 5-6 times this price to get an exact copy of a prototype of this level. Even if it meant I could only afford 1-2 pieces per year I'd be peachy.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:25 PM   #4232
EricS6X
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Courtesy of Facebook...GinaB, owner....in hand pics....can't wait to get mine...looks amazing...never understood the complaints about this piece...best female sculpt I will own

EricS6X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:26 PM   #4233
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

For something I loved I'd glady pay 5-6 times this price to get an exact copy of a prototype of this level. Even if it meant I could only afford 1-2 pieces per year I'd be peachy.
I wouldn't pay 5-6 times retail for any PF personally. I'd buy this Sonja and ship her to a talented painter/customizer (HBM, Spazzy, Vince Vell, etc..) and call it a day. I can't ever bring myself to spend $3000 on a PF, not when some of the painters I mentioned can paint a mind blowing Sonja for about 1/2 to 1/3 of $3000 retail price you are mentioning.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #4234
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS6X View Post
Courtesy of Facebook...GinaB, owner....in hand pics....can't wait to get mine...looks amazing...never understood the complaints about this piece...best female sculpt I will own

Damn, these are the BEST pics yet.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:29 PM   #4235
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I wouldn't pay 5-6 times retail for any PF personally. I'd buy this Sonja and ship her to a talented painter/customizer (HBM, Spazzy, Vince Vell, etc..) and call it a day. I can't ever bring myself to spend $3000 on a PF, not when some of the painters I mentioned can paint a mind blowing Sonja for about 1/2 to 1/3 of $3000 retail price you are mentioning.
I've never done a custom but I'd always assumed their prices were close to $2,500 after buying the statue too.

I've seen great customs but never one that perfectly replicated a prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Damn, these are the BEST pics yet.
Those are great pictures. That guy makes a lot of statues look way better than they are in person though.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:32 PM   #4236
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Wow excellent pics...That one looks pretty damn good for a SS production piece! Glad I have kept it!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:42 PM   #4237
enigmatikone
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
What's up with her right hand side Bra Strap?!? It seems to be missing a link! Defect? Or something you haven't assembled?
No, the link is there, just checked. I think I just bent it while fitting the top piece, thankfully it's intact

enigmatikone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:43 PM   #4238
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Seems to be getting harder and harder for people to nitpick this with every new set of pics that shows up. Every new picture I see makes me want to log into my account and switch her to full payment. Lol
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #4239
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Those are great pictures. That guy makes a lot of statues look way better than they are in person though.

So you're telling me lighting, white balance, saturation etc. can be used to make the statue look better and also worse than how it looks in hand?
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:48 PM   #4240
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm just going to wait a couple years for SS to put the Prototype up for charity auction
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote