maximum comics, good people in there

Cool next time I'm in Vegas, I will check it out
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 06:57 PM   #2122
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
no, this was a very tough pass though. ive loved this since it was revealed but I try to limit myself to male characters only. it seems that would be a slippery slope getting into sideshows female statues

I will say it is much larger in person, but I guess I say that about all of these. the base was a lot bigger than what I thought but looks great, I love the fire effect
But, she would kick the butt of all those male characters....so, she could be the exception
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:17 PM   #2123
SDguy

Quote:
no, this was a very tough pass though. ive loved this since it was revealed but I try to limit myself to male characters only. it seems that would be a slippery slope getting into sideshows female statues

I will say it is much larger in person, but I guess I say that about all of these. the base was a lot bigger than what I thought but looks great, I love the fire effect
That is super interesting... I've never thought of my collecting styles as male or female......
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 08:29 PM   #2124
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

its like SS gloss up their prod pics on their site on purpose so then the complaint isn't about the tonnage of the paint app and colouring but more stickily matte and gloss because in hands look nothing like their site... how is it that its so damn glossy on their pics?

"Oh it's not glossy everyone its OK!"

Gloss wasn't the only factor, it was that deep darker red they used. Looked freaking awesome. Would have been a home run, but now its just "Good enough/Close enough" and that's now the norm "homeruns".. close enough. To me it's Ebay Recast "close enough". Not bad, but close enough because those ebay recast are getting pretty good too. close enough good.

I still prefer the darker matte Red with shading 1000%. I can't shake it off. I wanted the Proto Colour scheme all day! Freakin SS marketing tactics. Lets make it look worse so in hands look great enough for acceptance.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 08:34 PM   #2125
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
stopped by the lcs today and guess what was on display... one of the most gorgeous female statues I have ever seen

Nice, Looks great cant wait!
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #2126
Comicbookguy
Hercules

The eyes seems kind of plain. Hmmm wonder if there's decals for her. Maybe it's just the close up pics. This red is so bright! Darker red would still be nicer looking imo.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:14 PM   #2127
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeColossus View Post
Ditto on that AC
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:23 PM   #2128
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
But, she would kick the butt of all those male characters....so, she could be the exception
there is a strong chance I will pick her up at some point after seeing her in person today

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
That is super interesting... I've never thought of my collecting styles as male or female......
it sounds more sexist than what it is lol... its just a rule I made for myself to keep my orders in check. if I bought everything I wanted I would be hemorrhaging money. I also pretty much limit myself to 1:4 scale and certain lines

there are always exceptions though, I have the psylocke pf and would have ordered the classic catwoman pf but I didn't care for the portrait. this is a contender though, just have a lot on order right now and seemingly a lot on the horizon with wonderfest approaching
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:24 PM   #2129
doeboy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
I'm the complete opposite. I limit myself to only female characters. I'll buy the occasional dinosauria if it's really good though. It keeps the number of statues I buy to a minimum so things don't get out of control.
doeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:35 PM   #2130
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doeboy View Post
I'm the complete opposite. I limit myself to only female characters. I'll buy the occasional dinosauria if it's really good though. It keeps the number of statues I buy to a minimum so things don't get out of control.
ugh, sexist pigs.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote