Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #501
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
No room for 1/4 Juggernaut?
Who me?
I dont want a Juggernaut but I do hope SS XM prime1 make one I know alot of people want him. Rainer included haha
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #502
enigmatikone
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Really can't compare them until SS releases the production version. Right now were comparing SS Master Artist Prototype vs XM Production version.

The proof is in the pudding Although I hope SS Phoenix comes out looking like the prototype, it is a nice design.
It depends on the piece.
Gethsemoni and Wonder Woman on release, for example were seemingly plagued with issues, whereas Batgirl and Kerrigan were by most accounts virtually flawless. I personally have been fortunate to never have had issues with any Sideshow pieces, but I have taken the extra step to inspect and buy locally with statues that I'm aware of that have had issues.

Sideshow has the best artists in the business. It's a shame that QC is holding them back, but they've improved a lot this past year.
enigmatikone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:44 PM   #503
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatikone View Post
It depends on the piece.
Gethsemoni and Wonder Woman on release, for example were seemingly plagued with issues, whereas Batgirl and Kerrigan were by most accounts virtually flawless. I personally have been fortunate to never have had issues with any Sideshow pieces, but I have taken the extra step to inspect and buy locally with statues that I'm aware of that have had issues.

Sideshow has the best artists in the business. It's a shame that QC is holding them back, but they've improved a lot this past year.
Dont forget powergirl she was kinda nice as well
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #504
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
I played the hell out of the first one when it came out. Me and my brother were the kids at the arcade talking smack to the MK players. I was the shark that would go up to adults playing KI, ask them "who should I play with?" let them pick whoever they thought they could beat, and then Id wipe the floor with them. I was addicted to that game.
The new one is like light years ahead of the old KI 1 and 2....but also....I have broken like 3 Xbox One controllers as a result. DPad on that XB1 suck to high heaven. Season 3 I can't wait for....but anyway...back to DP.

In all seriousness...you guys did a hell of a job on this DP. I really like it. I don't know if you can answer this....but did SS have any opinions on doing a more wild-like DP head sculpt? As it is now...for me at least....this would have been the perfect head sculpt for a Green Phoenix if you guys did that version.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:48 PM   #505
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
Jup I agree, thats my favorite shot I just want my screaming Byrne head haha I will have it!
Would have been begging to have this statue if it had this COH design. I wonder if it was ever on the table....

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
No dude...and that's what many of the SS fanboys don't get. The Phoenix statue from XM in the approved territories costs about $100 - $150 more....and keep in mind you get the best QC on the market and a lot more extras to boot....including awesome art prints.
Quote:
What was your point?

Sorry Northern....I couldn't help myself on that one. I get your point....but I agree 100% with Demona...not that anyone gives a hoot.
Hey, I give a hoot
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:48 PM   #506
COI

Quote:
No dude...and that's what many of the SS fanboys don't get. The Phoenix statue from XM in the approved territories costs about $100 - $150 more....and keep in mind you get the best QC on the market and a lot more extras to boot....including awesome art prints.
Okay...and how much to get it from the approved territories to your door? Another collector mentioned it cost them $850 or $875, which is reasonable, but that's double the difference. And assuming your extra costs were nominal, how many collectors get this same hook-up if they weren't on board day one? If you bought two, would you sell one for anywhere near the "$100-$150" more?

The part where you say "keep in mind you get the best QC on the market and a lot of extras to boot" is more than sufficient an argument. I don't understand the need to pretend that the price disparity doesn't exist. I don't have a Phoenix, and on Thursday I can either spend $500 + $40 shipping on Sideshow's, or look around and possibly find the XM Phoenix for $1000-$1200 + $100 shipping, if I'm lucky. That's double, and that's the relevant price point going forward. Repeating that it's "only" $150 more is like me telling people who want the new Spidey PF that the comiquette is a way better buy because it retailed at $350. The fact that some people got it for $350 in 2010 is irrelevant because most would have to pay $1200-1500 today.

While you were savvy enough, quick enough, or lucky enough to pay $650 for Phoenix, that's not the going rate for that piece right now, and the going rate is the relevant price point for comparison for the majority of collectors going forward. There was a very brief window for a select few to nab the XM Phoenix for retail price, while Sideshow's Phoenix, taking the regular in consideration, will be available at $500 for a long time, even on the after-market. That's why, despite price hikes, Sideshow pieces will continue to sell. It's a $500 Phoenix vs a $1000+ Phoenix, not $500 vs what you paid.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:48 PM   #507
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Based on some of their recent female releases that were well received (Batgirl, Power Girl, Kerrigan, Machiko, etc.), I don't see too many ways this could go wrong in production.

It seems to be an overall simple piece as far as paint apps go. There's always the ever present danger of wonky eyes on the EX, but I feel they've shown improvement in that area too.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:52 PM   #508
enigmatikone
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Dont forget powergirl she was kinda nice as well
I haven't.
She'll be here next Monday!
enigmatikone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:53 PM   #509
Demona
Martian Manhunter

This would make a fun display of customs. I think you could easily make all Jean/Phoenix designs out of it because she's not hiding and isn't in a really bent pose.

White, Green, Phoenix 5, Here Comes Tomorrow. Can't wait to see what creative people come up with
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:54 PM   #510
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

LOL!
Make Mine Juggernaut!

I desperately need a comic book Juggernaut PF in my collection and I just know that one day Sideshow will release one whopper of a Juggernaut statue.
If the big man decides to pay a visit to Sideshow's design team then there is nothing and there is nobody who can stop him from doing that.
After all nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

But until that day comes I will patiently wait and enjoy the Juggernaut statues which I already have in my collection.

Rainer

Quote:
Who me?
I dont want a Juggernaut but I do hope SS XM prime1 make one I know alot of people want him. Rainer included haha
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote