Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-06-2016, 09:25 PM   #501
Parallax
Nightwing

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Jared's Joker. I LOVED what we got in Suicide Squad. I'm intrigued by his relationship with Harley. He seems to care about her and want her around, but then when she is around he doesn't care about her anymore. For example, the whole point of his role in the movie is to get Harley back. But in the scenes we see of him and Harley in flashbacks:

- He's giving her up as a sex object
- He's bailing on her and leaving her to drown when Batman shows up.
- He was going to let her drown in the vat at Ace Chemicals until he realized that he cared too much.

They really seem to be codependent on each other which is pretty realistic for two psychotic characters. I'm curious as to whether or not we'll get an extended cut, since Ayer said that this was his cut of the movie however there was a lot of Joker stuff cut out.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:45 PM   #502
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Added the spoiler tag to this thread as they are littered throughout since Friday
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:53 PM   #503
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

My whole family loved it. I am flabbergasted at the level of vitriol leveled at the film as it is no better or worse than the likes of both Thors, IM 2&3, AoU, Ghostbusters 2016 or Deadpool. It certainly has its issues but it was a fun and deeply entertaining film. It had lots of mirth and Deadshot's arc with his daughter added a ton of depth and gravitas. Honestly the bars scene and where the stories for Lawton and Diablo play out pulled on my heartstrings as a family guy.

Was the villain a bit of a Ghostbustery excuse to have an army for the Squad to dismantle? Absolutely. Was it any different than Ultron's army or lift of Sarkovia? Absolutely not. So how come only one film is immune to poor reviews?
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:58 PM   #504
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Thought it was an entertaining film with solid performances by Will Smith and Margot Robbie. Could have been edited a little better and more work and screen time could have gone into the villain.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:04 PM   #505
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Wasn't a fan of the Joker in this at all, and I like me some Joker. Don't like the whole crime boss thing he has going, or the look of him at all. The tattoos still seem dumb, 'Damaged' on your forehead? Really? That's something some attention seeking emo kid would get. His laugh was also lacking. Only good part with him was when he was firing his gun wildly out the chopper when he was rescuing Harley, that was the most Joker-like he got for me.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:14 PM   #506
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Wasn't a fan of the Joker in this at all, and I like me some Joker. Don't like the whole crime boss thing he has going, or the look of him at all. The tattoos still seem dumb, 'Damaged' on your forehead? Really? That's something some attention seeking emo kid would get. His laugh was also lacking. Only good part with him was when he was firing his gun wildly out the chopper when he was rescuing Harley, that was the most Joker-like he got for me.
You might not like the crime boss thing, but that's what he is supposed to be. He's the Clown Prince of Crime. The mainstream media version of the Joker is just the guy in clown makeup who hates Batman, which isn't really accurate. The tattoos are weird, but then again so is the Joker. I don't think the tattoos took away from the character at all and I didn't even noticed the "damaged" tattoo when I was watching him.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:30 AM   #507
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
I didn't care for Leto's Joker either.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:41 AM   #508
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Given how little we got of the Joker I think it's hard to form a well rounded opinion either way. That said I do know I wanted more and I really liked what I saw. The dynamic between him and Harley was handled well and as a big fan of both characters I loved every moment they shared together on screen. I do think it's a bit unfair to compare Leto's take on the Joker to his predecessors who had starring roles though.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:55 AM   #509
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Enjoyed the hell out of this one.

I love the Ross nod...especially since I have the canvas on my wall.

Definitely entertaining.

I just wished that Croc was bigger.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 02:05 AM   #510
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPJ8b7zwa98
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote