Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-16-2017, 01:03 PM   #41
qz33
Doctor Doom

The only thing likely PCS will change is exiting the industry.

If they can print out the game files and deliver the level of product they have so far in their history then this is where people will be.
I get that a lot of statue fans still want an artistic interpretation there are plenty more casual observers waiting to be turned into fanatics that will be swayed by identical game representations.

Having a shot an the entire roster of a current game will be unbeatable. They should do 1/3s as well.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #42
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Wow is this 1/3 or 1/4 or both?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:30 PM   #43
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I want to see a more anime tv cartoon version and not 3D.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:35 PM   #44
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I'm actually not that excited about this...I mean, P1 usually just prints out exact game versions of characters for video game licenses. Isn't that what PCS is doing with their Ultra line? I mean if PCS is doing game accurate 1/4 action poses/character models what is P1 going to do? Just release game accurate 1/3 museum versions? It's also going to probably hurt Erick's company as it's just getting going, although doing the classic/anime versions would differentiate his company's line. Idk, competition is usually always good but sometimes you're jumping into a pool that's already full.

And I do understand the frustration with PCS's customer service lately, I guess that could push people into other directions. Personally I love what Jerry's doing with 1/3 Street Fighter sculpts. If people don't like big hands/feet then P1's going to have to go away from the game's art on that one as well.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:36 PM   #45
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Such legs would actually slow you down way too much in actual combat.

On topic: either PCS is going to be screwed, or they get their stuff together and start hitting their release dates. Either way, it's a win for us.
Or maybe things remain the same? Or maybe Prime 1 offers better pricing, lower ES, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Translucent resin and insanely detailed bases incoming.
Can't imagine how that actually benefits Street Fighter much, but I'll keep an open mind till I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Don't Forget PrototypeZ... They are in the SF game too. Again Hopefully all this competition will ultimately help the customer.
Yeah, I'd imagine PTZ will fade. Prime 1 will probably overlap with them more so than PCS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
The only thing likely PCS will change is exiting the industry.

If they can print out the game files and deliver the level of product they have so far in their history then this is where people will be.
I get that a lot of statue fans still want an artistic interpretation there are plenty more casual observers waiting to be turned into fanatics that will be swayed by identical game representations.

Having a shot an the entire roster of a current game will be unbeatable. They should do 1/3s as well.
I don't see it affecting PCS much at all. There's room for both based on some assumption about what Prime 1 might do. Different approaches to art style, pricing, ES, media type, etc.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:56 PM   #46
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

PCS 1/3 Chun Li is awfull, but that is my opinion, because the eyes look terrible and odd. When it comes to Street Fighter line, I will stick to Eric, because I like 1/6 and I believe his is different. Prime 1 is too large for me and too expensive, I like SF a lot, but I dont want to have 1/3 statues.
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:06 PM   #47
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

So does pcs have any exclusive rights to sf 1/4 scale? I really hope p1 doesn't go any bigger than 1/4. That's big enough for a statue unless you own a museum.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:09 PM   #48
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
So does pcs have any exclusive rights to sf 1/4 scale? I really hope p1 doesn't go any bigger than 1/4. That's big enough for a statue unless you own a museum.
Just a guess - I'd say no. But MAYBE for 1:4 mixed-media. I've never heard Jerry talk about exclusivity though.

PTZ does 1:4, and Kinetiquettes has talked about 1:4 as well (their levitating Bison).
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:11 PM   #49
BurningRage
Inhumans

Wonder if 1:3 scale is exclusive to PCS.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #50
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I don't see it affecting PCS much at all. There's room for both based on some assumption about what Prime 1 might do. Different approaches to art style, pricing, ES, media type, etc.
It all depends on Prime1. If they start cranking 1/4 game files then that will blow a serious hole in PCS's Ultra appeal especially finally does anything in an action pose, as Prime1 seems to have a better handle on the production side of things.

And just in case: My comment wasn't meant to indicate that PCS would quit because of Prime1 but that IF anything changes that would be the only thing; Prime1 would have to grab enough market to starve PCS. PCS isn't going to try and "compete" with Prime1 like some sort of race.

I'll say this for certain. the company that produces the most iconic, accurate, and recognizable in game sights will be the one with the most interest.

But who knows Prime1 may sit on this for a year and do nothing...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote