Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-18-2019, 03:26 PM   #101
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I think it's perfectly fine to say the likeness is off. They won't fix it without constructive criticism. But comments like "it's trash/garbage" or "start over, loser" are very hurtful. Artistic people are very sensitive, you know.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 03:58 PM   #102
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I think it's perfectly fine to say the likeness is off. They won't fix it without constructive criticism. But comments like "it's trash/garbage" or "start over, loser" are very hurtful. Artistic people are very sensitive, you know.
Artistic, sensitive, doesn't matter. No one is going to like people that talk like that, or give a ---- about what they think. Why be decent to people who have no decency? :P

Yes saying the likeness is off, that you don't like it (preferably what you don't like about it) is all constructive criticism. Posting it on her personal FB page (assuming she does use it for personal stuff and not just business stuff but even then) is a pretty dick move though, regardless if the content of the post is decent or not.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:18 PM   #103
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

If you post anything anywhere, you open yourself up to criticism. Even if you're an artist that only has family on your friends list, you cant stop them from offering their opinions or suggestions.

The fact is, this isn't supposed to be some interpretive type of art where people can simply like it or not. This is artwork which has the goal of matching the likeness of a real person. Saying the likeness is off can actually be proven. Whether you personally accept a 40%, 65% or 90% likeness is your preference.

It could be the best looking headsculpt on the planet, but if its goal is to look like a specific person, and it doesn't, it is not accomplishing its intended purpose. I dont think this sculpt is trash or garbage like others expressed, it just doesn't meet my expectations for this price point. If others like it, great.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:29 PM   #104
French Cancan
Deadman

I think it's safe to say everything is Nearmint - and his secret sanctuary- fault. He distracted Kim and she forgot to paint the eyebrows. End of the drama.
But shame on you Nearmint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Me and my girl K.A. Kim...

French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:30 PM   #105
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I wonder what's the price is gonna be...
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:32 PM   #106
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Did she paint the prototype?
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:43 PM   #107
DrDjango
Frackin!

I'm really disappointed, since the statue is mixed media and the likeness of the headsculpt is not good i my opinion. Easy pass for me.

Hope there will be a Jon Snow without mixed media.
DrDjango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:58 PM   #108
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I think it's safe to say everything is Nearmint - and his secret sanctuary- fault. He distracted Kim and she forgot to paint the eyebrows. End of the drama.
But shame on you Nearmint.
Bad, bad nearmint.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:02 PM   #109
BaZ
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
From fb
Her eyes and eyebrows indeed!
BaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:27 PM   #110
M United
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I agree except for the start over. I believe the likeliness is to off to be fixed and the head needs to be started from scratch. I may be wrong i am no professional if it can be saved all well and good if it cant then start again. I think its fair criticism to say start over. All the rest are insults and not nice to say to a human being who has put in hard work to get best head sculpt she can get. In saying that artists can fix head sculpts its their job so lets see what she does.

By the way it's quality work the artist has talent its obvious just does't look like the actor.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote