Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-08-2023, 12:34 PM   #31
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
yeah i can see that, i mean its all personal preference but i think at 1/3 scale a completely smooth suit would look off. i would look at it and wonder what material they were trying to convey if it was smooth like that at such a large scale
I think the wrinkles in the fabric shown in the render is enough for me. Again it's preference, but it wouldn't look off to me. It would look more 'on' when referring to comics/cartoons/some tv & movies by not having 'real world' fabric textures.

It would be nice if they would do both versions. (#1 & #3)
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 02:31 PM   #32
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I like #3 best. #1 and 2# also have too much fabric detail for me

#3 with the Batman symbol from #1 would be my favorite
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 04:33 PM   #33
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Despite LBS claims that at least one of the three versions is inspired by Alex Ross, I fail to see the influence on any one of them. For now, it is just marketing hype, an attempt to gain credibility.

The only things I notice that are remotely inspired by AR are the shape of the bat symbol and the utility belt on the one far left. Although AR has used the oval bat symbol as well, it is much larger in comparison.

Jay says the "AR inspired" version will be in Black & Grey but such colour scheme is not limited to AR batman. Many variants use the same colour scheme as well. So it is not really a true AR inspiration.

I suppose the headsculpt on the far left is the "AR inspired" version but from the little I can see of it, the jaw line looks nothing like the AR batman I am familiar with. It is just a random face of a man.

The so-called "AR inspired" batman statue from LBS will look very much like the Black & Grey Hush batman statue from Prime 1, at best. Nothing Alex Ross about it, IMO. LBS should really stop using his name.

The One-Statue-to-Please-Them-All approach doesn't work for me. It is a wrong way to create a "Definitive" version of a statue. A true and fully licensed Alex Ross batman statue in 1:3 or 1:4 scale remains elusive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AR batman 1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	499.9 KB
ID:	161654   Click image for larger version

Name:	AR batman 2.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	161655   Click image for larger version

Name:	hush batman.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	161656   Click image for larger version

Name:	lbs batman.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	161657  
Hobbyist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 10:59 PM   #34
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
I was just referring to the texture of the suit, #2 looks like a towel and #3 is too smooth
Ah, I see.

For texture, 1 does have the better texture.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 11:52 PM   #35
SONICobra
Batman

I?m curious how this swap out belt is going to work
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 12:23 AM   #36
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
I?m curious how this swap out belt is going to work
Possibly the torso detaches to swap belts
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 04:26 AM   #37
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
Despite LBS claims that at least one of the three versions is inspired by Alex Ross, I fail to see the influence on any one of them. For now, it is just marketing hype, an attempt to gain credibility.

The only things I notice that are remotely inspired by AR are the shape of the bat symbol and the utility belt on the one far left. Although AR has used the oval bat symbol as well, it is much larger in comparison.

Jay says the "AR inspired" version will be in Black & Grey but such colour scheme is not limited to AR batman. Many variants use the same colour scheme as well. So it is not really a true AR inspiration.

I suppose the headsculpt on the far left is the "AR inspired" version but from the little I can see of it, the jaw line looks nothing like the AR batman I am familiar with. It is just a random face of a man.

The so-called "AR inspired" batman statue from LBS will look very much like the Black & Grey Hush batman statue from Prime 1, at best. Nothing Alex Ross about it, IMO. LBS should really stop using his name.

The One-Statue-to-Please-Them-All approach doesn't work for me. It is a wrong way to create a "Definitive" version of a statue. A true and fully licensed Alex Ross batman statue in 1:3 or 1:4 scale remains elusive.
They did the same thing with their Iron man, they said it would be a "Bob Layton style" to get the fans hyped up, but they basically just copied the 1/4 XM classic Iron man, some of the 1/5 Sideshow Avengers Assemble Iron man plus some of the movie armors, and then slapped a hispanic Tony Stark head on it. I recall them saying the retro Hulk was going to be "Sal Buscema" inspired.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 09:43 AM   #38
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

This batman won't please everyone - there's no way it could have even if it had multiple torsos, but this will still tick a lot of boxes as the ultimate 1/3 statue. It's not marketing hype though, they never said it's solely an Alex Ross piece, it's catering to as many fans as poss

If you really want an AR piece, there are other ways to get this...
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 11:42 AM   #39
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Possibly the torso detaches to swap belts
good call, that makes sense
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 11:45 AM   #40
Mister H
Gen 13

With this Batman I won’t have to get the Prime 1 Bats that goes with the Catwoman and Phantasm. That Flashpoint Bats is cool as hell though, so is their Miller Batman.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote