Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-30-2015, 09:52 PM   #111
Gruson
Suicide Squad

No interest. PCS Filmation line is tops. Perfection.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:55 PM   #112
dechirico7
The Flash

I just let it sink in that these are going to be based on Stjepan Sejic's artwork... very exciting. Would be cool to see a Witchblade statue too.

Shadow Weaver by Stjepan Sejic would be AWESOME!!!!

I love his Evil-Lynn

Oh man....

awwww...I'd be in for this dio.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:03 PM   #113
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
When we appraoched this LINE (we're 3 deep alreay, so yes, we're committed) we went in with that mentality. What the cartoon felt and looked to you as a kid, so interpreting that and evolving it for us now, not making it an exact replica of what it was.

It is 1:5 scale, we wanted to differentiate what PCS in both scale and style, so we think this works to give fans a different option, not take away that more true translation they are doing from the show.

We'll be revealing the second in the line at SDCC, and we have another 80's cartoon piece that will be there that will be nucking futz…

Im a product of 80's STUFF, this line was one of my favorite projects Ive been able to be a part of here, maybe ever... same with the team that worked on it, and it shows.

The designer is Stjepan Sejic, been a huge fan of his for a while and to say "He's a Super hard-core MOTU fan" is an understatement. Here's his gallery:

http://nebezial.deviantart.com/galle...f-the-universe

Cant wait for you guys to see the next piece, it's insane.
This looks sick IGO ... Nice work guys.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:12 PM   #114
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

I just need to get this off my chest.

I would have been 100% in on this line if it was 1/4 scale, but 1/5 scale makes it an unfortunate pass for me. I have a collection of 1/4 scale statues, but I bought a couple of 1/5 pieces a while back because I liked them. They looked SO awkward and tiny next to the 1/4 pieces that I got rid of them quickly. I don't really understand making a few pieces here and there in 1/5 scale when you make almost all of your statues in 1/4. It makes it so hard to have a consistent collection. Are there really a large amount of people who are going to pass on PCS in favor of this just because they are 1/5 scale instead of 1/4? Surely that won't be more than the amount of people who will choose to pass on these because they are 1/5.

*Sigh*, sorry this isn't meant to be a rant. I'm just really disappointed.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:14 PM   #115
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post

I would have been 100% in on this line if it was 1/4 scale, but 1/5 scale makes it an unfortunate pass for me. I have a collection of 1/4 scale statues, but I bought a couple of 1/5 pieces a while back because I liked them. They looked SO awkward and tiny next to the 1/4 pieces that I got rid of them quickly. I don't really understand making a few pieces here and there in 1/5 scale when you make almost all of your statues in 1/4. It makes it so hard to have a consistent collection. Are there really a large amount of people who are going to pass on PCS in favor of this just because they are 1/5 scale instead of 1/4? Surely that won't be more than the amount of people who will choose to pass on these because they are 1/5.

You don't have to display them with your 1/4 scale statues. I will likely have them by themselves in a cabinet.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:19 PM   #116
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
You don't have to display them with your 1/4 scale statues. I will likely have them by themselves in a cabinet.
It really is this simple.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:24 PM   #117
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:

My guess is Jerry and PCS have an Exclusive deal to do 1/4 statues.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:30 PM   #118
clayman1976
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:

You can count me in on the list of would buy even if they were 1/6th scale. But I have plenty of model kits of various sizes all mixed in with my display of 1/4 scale too. I personally like all different scales.
clayman1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:31 PM   #119
SONICobra
Batman

I am both sad and relieved they are 1/5 scale. sticking to 1/4 scale is the biggest factor that keeps my spending in check

that said, THIS would have been the MOTU line for me. love the art direction based on heman and the photos above. maybe if there are some more cool villains aside from skeletor ill play rock paper scissors with my inner 6 year old to see if we get into this line or not (I hope he wins )
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:32 PM   #120
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayman1976 View Post
You can count me in on the list of would buy even if they were 1/6th scale. But I have plenty of model kits of various sizes all mixed in with my display of 1/4 scale too. I personally like all different scales.
Me too. So I wouldn't mind having 1/6 either