Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-21-2017, 04:27 PM   #51
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
That one annoys me the most. Don't get me wrong, Jim Lee is fantastic, but the amount of people who basically worship him just get's to me, it's as if they know three comic artists and they just put him as the best because the others don't work anymore.
Yeah, and Campbell is getting there too. I think Lee is great and Campbell is great, and they're certainly among the most relevant, but there are so many amazing artists that people seem completely unaware of. The Lees, McFarlanes and Campbells stand on the backs of giants: Miller, Adams, Wrightson, Windsor-Smith, Wood, Davis, Buscema, Romita Sr, Ditko, Kirby, and the list goes on.

The funny thing is, Jim Lee's X-Men stuff was an attempt to replicate (by his own admission) Silvestri. He has since established himself and his style and far surpassed Silvestri in terms of success, but Silvestri's X-Men stuff was stronger and more consistent. And ultimately, it's Byrne who X-Men fans really need to bow down to.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:43 PM   #52
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

It's definitely the "hipster" age of comics.

Great posts guys.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:15 AM   #53
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Mxyzptik is a D list character at best.
I would say he's essential for a Superman fan collection just like people have no problem buying every Batman villain statue that gets made.
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:54 AM   #54
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I would say he's essential for a Superman fan collection just like people have no problem buying every Batman villain statue that gets made.
As a huge Batman fan even I get tired of the way DC and other companies ----- out that franchise. I completely understand it because it sells but do we really need a Nightmare and Samurai lines?
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:17 PM   #55
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
IMO, he's about as important as Bat-Mite is to Batman fans. Very much a D list character to me. I'm a HUGE Batman fan and I'd never buy a Bat-Mite statue.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote