Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Which creature poses the biggest danger?
Aliens 3 11.54%
Predators 9 34.62%
Bugs (as appearing in the Starship Troopers-movies) 14 53.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Against which creature would we have the best chance?

Hi guys,
after having seen the Starship Troopers Invasion animated movie for the umpteenth time (I love it!), I was wondering against which creature humankund would have the best chance of survival:
- Aliens
- Predators
- Bugs (as displayed in the Starship Troopers movies)

If we are ever going to explore different galaxies then which of these three creatures would be our nastiest opponent?
Which of these three represent the biggest danger and why?

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:08 AM   #2
risingstar
Jedi Order

Aliens would be the least dangerous. One napalm bomb and it's Alien pot roast. Why bother with the hand to hand combat with this species? There's no technology to them.

The Preds are the most dangerous. They fly ships and actively seek out their prey. They have advanced weaponry, stealth tech, and live to wage war. Humans wouldn't stand a chance in an all out war with the Preds.

The ST bugs are big, mean, and fast. It's a toss up in a war with them, with heavy casualties on both sides. Not as bright as the Preds.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 03:33 AM   #3
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Which one threatened the very existence of humanity?
I think that is pretty clear.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:01 AM   #4
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I voted wrong. I was answering the topic question, not the poll question. Preds would be a cinch because they're stupid.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:12 PM   #5
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Risingstar,

I can clearly see where you are coming from and appreciate your input!

The thing about Aliens is indeed that you should avoid hand-to-hand combat at all costs because up close and personal these are mean mothers which will kill you before you know what's happened.
They may not be technologically advanced but they sure know how to take out a unit of well trained and well armed space marines as shown in the movie Aliens.
Furthermore the Aliens vs Predator movies showed us that they pose a considerable threat to Predators as well. In fact Predators consider aliens to be so dangerous that young warriors have to prove their courage and skills by killing an alien if I remember correctly.

The Predators are lethal because of their hunting skills and instinct and their technologically advanced weaponry. That being said they have been beaten on occasion by either aliens or humans without technologically very advanced weapons as the AVP movies or Predator movies have shown us.

Last but not least the bugs from the ST movies are a mean bunch as well. At first I thought they were basically mindless 'predators' but then I discovered that there were also big brain bugs which can control starships, bugs which could shoot plasma bolts which could take down starships and big, 'armored' tank bugs which changes the picture considerably.

If such species would really exist and if future generations of mankind would encounter these species on strange, new worlds we would be very unfortunate in all three cases.
Perhaps the toughest battle would indeed be with the Predators though since they have a relentless side to them but are also technologically very advanced.
The other two species would however give us a tough run for our money and we would most likely suffer severe losses in case we would ever clash with them.

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Aliens would be the least dangerous. One napalm bomb and it's Alien pot roast. Why bother with the hand to hand combat with this species? There's no technology to them.

The Preds are the most dangerous. They fly ships and actively seek out their prey. They have advanced weaponry, stealth tech, and live to wage war. Humans wouldn't stand a chance in an all out war with the Preds.

The ST bugs are big, mean, and fast. It's a toss up in a war with them, with heavy casualties on both sides. Not as bright as the Preds.
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #6
protector2814
Phoenix

"The Bugs" in Heinlein's Starship Troopers & possibly suggested in the Verhoeven movie, colonized a lot more planets than just one. I think we'd have major trouble if attacked by several giant, blood-thirsty insect spitting planets in the same decade or even century. When one considers the potential infestation factor that insects pose, we'd be screwed with an almost limitless supply of dominating-driven colonies. No fear ... only goal, spitting at us from multiple sources. Sure, we'd fight great out the gate, but, after a while .... we'd be screwed.

Best chance against? Aliens .
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:53 PM   #7
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Bug Aliens - damned near unstoppable and significantly stronger than the other two.

Aliens/Xenomorphs - queens lay thousands of eggs, the embryos gestate and grow into warriors in a matter of hours, so they would be able to breed very fast in a population. Unless you got to them quickly you would be looking at thousands in a matter of days. We'd still have the technological advantage to call in a nuke strike or something, but you'd have to get them all.

Predators are the most technologically advanced and probably have weapons on their ships that could level a population center and possibly a planet. So we'd lose that one. But if you're talking about a hunter or a small group, even with their cloaking and tech, if they weren't able to breed or call in reinforcements we'd take them down eventually.

I'd go with Predators.

Anyway if I had to go down I'd rather it be a quick decapitation or shoulder blaster than have a chest buster, acid bath or getting ripped apart by the bugs.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #8
toty21
The Avengers

I would say bugs...Predators are clearly a more advanced and intelligent species than we are, and the Aliens are just clearly unstoppable, in fact Ash said it best in the first Alien perfect organism..."Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility."
toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #9
travis
A.I.M.

Alien Xenomorphs #1
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #10
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Based on what we've come to know from the movies I'm voting ST bugs because they have a hive mentality, have numbers far exceeding the other 2, come in many various forms and sizes and have colonized many worlds.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote