Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-01-2017, 12:45 PM   #31
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
EBgames in Canada had these available. Didn't bother getting it.
Errr...go grab and send me one?

Searching for one down here currently.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:21 PM   #32
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Finally found one. weeeeee
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:56 PM   #33
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Anyone purchase a modded SNES Classic? I see some with anywhere from 200 to 8500+ games lol. I don't want a bunch of crappy games to scroll through, but it would be cool to play the top SNES games.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:26 PM   #34
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Anyone purchase a modded SNES Classic? I see some with anywhere from 200 to 8500+ games lol. I don't want a bunch of crappy games to scroll through, but it would be cool to play the top SNES games.
What's the going rate now? It's easy enough to mod a virgin one yourself.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:48 PM   #35
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^I'm not so great at stuff like that lol. But seems like anywhere from $140 to 250(the one with 8700 games). The one in the middle I was looking at has 530, looks to be the best SNES games and some great NES games too.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #36
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I assume the most expensive one includes a flash drive? There is the possibility to run games off one to increase storage space. That must be what they're doing.

I've just modded my NES and SNES Classics to include their respective games I want - nowhere near their whole libraries. Plan to do the same with my PS Classic, but that one definitely needs a flash drive since the games are much larger.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:27 PM   #37
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^Yes they include a flash drive. Yeah, it's really cool. I'm kind of skeptical of the ones with so many games but the sellers have perfect ratings...And is Sega releasing something similar? I've seen something but I don't think it's official by them?
Old 03-15-2019, 09:48 PM   #38
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Sega isn't in the hardware business any more, so anything they release would have to be through a manufacturing partner. They've released a couple iterations with AtGames (some smaller redesigned hardware that plays actual cartridges, and the 'Flashback' which is similar to the emulated Nintendo 'Classics'), all garbage to my knowledge. There is reportedly a legit Sega Genesis 'Classic' coming from them in 2019 with a different manufacturing partner, but that's all I know of it right now.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:54 PM   #39
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Thank you for the info, that's what I've heard on the "Sega" and I've only heard good things about the Nintendo's. Do you have the wireless controller(3rd party I believe but looks close to original) or just cord extensions? And would you think it'd be best to keep Nintendo games or 16 bit games on the same system like you're doing as opposed to making a one in all system with NES to SNES to SEGA to PS1?
Old 03-16-2019, 06:40 PM   #40
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Thank you for the info, that's what I've heard on the "Sega" and I've only heard good things about the Nintendo's. Do you have the wireless controller(3rd party I believe but looks close to original) or just cord extensions? And would you think it'd be best to keep Nintendo games or 16 bit games on the same system like you're doing as opposed to making a one in all system with NES to SNES to SEGA to PS1?
I do have a wireless (Nyko Miniboss), but I can't comment on it as I haven't used it. If I were to buy something now, I'd go with 8bitdo. Their stuff is pretty good.

I mostly play the systems that I got and modded for my niece and nephew. I did get them one of the Best Buy 'Insignia' NES controllers. Nice length to the cable - but it's total garbage. The d-pad responsiveness is awful. Only buy the official controllers if you're going wired. I got them an extension for the included controller.

As far as systems/games, that's all preference. A factor to keep in mind is what controller you'll be using to play those systems' games. 8bitdo sells an adapter to use modern wireless controllers, but will you be happy using that in place of actual N64 or PS1 controllers? And while N64 and PS1 will work via Retroarch (the emulator being used in the mod), the hardware isn't quite as capable running those games. I'd stick to 2D.

I've gone back and forth myself. I just have games from the same system, but I have collected the roms I want, should I decide to include others. I've considered adding games just from that 'generation' or time period. So, on the NES Classic, I might add Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and Master System. And on SNES, might add Genesis, Gameboy Advance, and TG16.

I'm a huge Castlevania fan, so another possibility I've considered is just adding a 'Castlevania' compilation folder - the whole series, minus the 3D ones which won't work. You really can do whatever you want.

While the hack is pretty foolproof, and should anything go wrong, it's fairly easy to reset - I'm a geeky collector, so I bought a second one to keep virgin. For the SNES, I actually imported the European Super Nintendo model as a backup, as I like the console design, and the accompanying GUI.