Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 07-06-2018, 07:21 PM   #71
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I think I have the grab the icons WW. Might see it for a lesser price.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:40 PM   #72
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post
I think I have the grab the icons WW. Might see it for a lesser price.
New 52 Forever!

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #73
HarleyQuinn
The Spirit

Lol I went to Six Flags America recently (highly recommend the new Wonder Woman ride) and they were selling Icons WW in the store for the full $125 I even told all my friends that I've literally seen it for half that.

Too bad some poor soul will see it one day and buy it for full price there...
HarleyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:02 AM   #74
Gothamite
Phoenix

Since this line appears to be ended, I re-organized the OP to include paired/grouped photos (eg Aquaman & Mera, Green Arrow & Black Canary, Joker & Harley, etc.). However, I can't seem to find any pictures of the Icons Batman with the Artgerm Catwoman. Anyone have the two statues by any chance?

(I have the Arkham Knight Batman instead.)

Spoiler

Old 07-08-2018, 04:09 AM   #75
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

The line seems pretty much kaput. With the addition of Luthor, I'd say I'm done with the ones I want. It would've been nice to get a Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Booster Gold, John Stewart GL or Black Adam to round out the line. Maybe someday we'll get more characters in the same scale.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 04:14 AM   #76
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
The line seems pretty much kaput. With the addition of Luthor, I'd say I'm done with the ones I want. It would've been nice to get a Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Booster Gold, John Stewart GL or Black Adam to round out the line. Maybe someday we'll get more characters in the same scale.
I think there were too many lines cannibalizing each other -- DC Icons, Arkham, Infinite Crisis, etc. Although I like the DC Icons Wonder Woman, one company didn't really need to release three New 52 Wondies in the same scale, lol. Varying edition sizes depending on characters' popularity might benefit DC, too.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:36 PM   #77
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I think there were too many lines cannibalizing each other.
I concur. I regarded the DC Icons and the Cover Girls (Artgerm at least) as gender exclusive companion lines, at least until the Icons Wonder Woman debuted, since they were similar in scale and overall design. Harley was a surprise since she was not New 52 (would've preferred her in her Suicide Squad comic attire) in design and deviated from the norm. Nonetheless, I have enjoyed the ride but will likely disembark now. I wasn't a major fan of the Hughes iterations (I know, heresy and okay, MAYBE exempting the Supergirl manhole cover statue) and the Joelle Jones stuff is out of scale and not my cup of tea either, although I did get her Supergirl ::seeing a pattern here?:: It's been fun.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:03 PM   #78
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
I concur. I regarded the DC Icons and the Cover Girls (Artgerm at least) as gender exclusive companion lines, at least until the Icons Wonder Woman debuted, since they were similar in scale and overall design. Harley was a surprise since she was not New 52 (would've preferred her in her Suicide Squad comic attire) in design and deviated from the norm. Nonetheless, I have enjoyed the ride but will likely disembark now. I wasn't a major fan of the Hughes iterations (I know, heresy and okay, MAYBE exempting the Supergirl manhole cover statue) and the Joelle Jones stuff is out of scale and not my cup of tea either, although I did get her Supergirl ::seeing a pattern here?:: It's been fun.
When I started this hobby, I collected statues from other companies. However, over time, I became disenchanted with other companies' QC or designs. I now buy DC Collectibles almost exclusively. I'm in the process of getting characters that I don't already have, using the Ame Comi and Bombshells lines to fill "gaps" in my collection.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:57 PM   #79
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

I just checked my email and discovered that my Icons Lex Luthor was supposedly on my doorstep. Lo and behold, there it was. It's all safe and sound but no thanks to Amazon shipping. I thought Chop Retail was bad. At least they packed it tightly catacornered so that there was no shifting... Lex was quite able to slide to and fro with absolutely no packing materials. "Fer shame. Fer shame Fer shame!"
Anyway, with Platinum arriving yesterday and now Lex, all is good. A couple of more Ame-Comis and I should be caught up and nearly content.... until another series reels me in.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:42 AM   #80
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
I just checked my email and discovered that my Icons Lex Luthor was supposedly on my doorstep. Lo and behold, there it was. It's all safe and sound but no thanks to Amazon shipping. I thought Chop Retail was bad. At least they packed it tightly catacornered so that there was no shifting... Lex was quite able to slide to and fro with absolutely no packing materials. "Fer shame. Fer shame Fer shame!"
Anyway, with Platinum arriving yesterday and now Lex, all is good. A couple of more Ame-Comis and I should be caught up and nearly content.... until another series reels me in.
Hey, at least Amazon didn't just slap the shipping label on the product box like they did to one of my orders.