Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-02-2019, 05:03 PM   #2751
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quality, body sculpt and paint looks amazing, saddening to think what could've been.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:20 PM   #2752
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Why does the face on the right look so much longer?
Yeah is weird, especially when you consider everything on the left is larger except the portrait is longer on the right lol
Old 08-02-2019, 05:26 PM   #2753
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

After finally receiving this piece and setting it up I truly understand the challenges of judging something purely based on second hand accounts and pictures. If I followed the crowd, finally saw this in person after it was gone, it would have been regret. I think Sideshow will be selling out all 1800 pieces and happy to have one. Does it need the EX? No. I'm not going to display it. Am I happy with the piece? Beyond words. Now I can just sit back, grab a drink, and enjoy the lunacy of this thread and why sometimes you really should use your own judgement.

With that said, I even wondered if it was worth posting any pictures as it is a challenge and haters gonna hate. But this is for anyone who really wants to know. The portrait gets washed out and if you really want any idea of what she really looks like, watch the Sideshow unboxing video. If you like it there, you will enjoy it in your collection.

Here are some quick photos of my piece.

Now let's see more of that creative hatorade!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Psylocke All.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	124864   Click image for larger version

Name:	Psylocke Half.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	124865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Psylocke Top.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	124866  
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:28 PM   #2754
Finalape
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Yeah is weird, especially when you consider everything on the left is larger except the portrait is longer on the right lol
Because the picture on the right is taken at an angle from above, so the head looks bigger. Also the lighting is awful compared the more professional picture on the left (notice the spots where can see some glare from the statue on the left). Not entering the head conversation, but good photography vs poor photography is what should be happening instead of 10 more pages of craziness head vs head talk using this unfortunate picture.

Finalape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:30 PM   #2755
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
After finally receiving this piece and setting it up I truly understand the challenges of judging something purely based on second hand accounts and pictures. If I followed the crowd, finally saw this in person after it was gone, it would have been regret. I think Sideshow will be selling out all 1800 pieces and happy to have one. Does it need the EX? No. I'm not going to display it. Am I happy with the piece? Beyond words. Now I can just sit back, grab a drink, and enjoy the lunacy of this thread and why sometimes you really should use your own judgement.

With that said, I even wondered if it was worth posting any pictures as it is a challenge and haters gonna hate. But this is for anyone who really wants to know. The portrait gets washed out and if you really want any idea of what she really looks like, watch the Sideshow unboxing video. If you like it there, you will enjoy it in your collection.

Here are some quick photos of my piece.

Now let's see more of that creative hatorade!

There's a lot of it about at the moment, glad your happy with your new companion...congrats
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:36 PM   #2756
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Love that statue - you loved it from jump, and it's good they gave you all a solid statue.

You can't really tell how purple her eyes are in the SS pics, but they look very bold in owners pics. I like it .
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:36 PM   #2757
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Love that statue - you loved it from jump, and it's good they gave you all a solid statue.

You can't really tell how purple her eyes are in the SS pics, but they look very bold in owners pics. I like it .
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:45 PM   #2758
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
There's a lot of it about at the moment, glad your happy with your new companion...congrats
Many examples in history of something or someone being ostracized by the mobs. And the internet is a free ticket to ride. It is a great piece. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

I am really curious what happens in the after market when this piece sells out and a few get to see for themselves. I stand by my girls.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:47 PM   #2759
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Isn’t it possible that Disney rejected the initial portrait? I keep reading people saying that SS dropped it after fan reaction, but do we know that conclusively?
Possible, but SS made changes to magneto after sdcc backlash, what makes it odder is that they had a styro cut out ready which seems to suggest that they already had approval of the portrait and styro in production.

In a weird way i wouldnt be as disappointed if it were Disney that rejected it, but sometime the simplest answer is usually the correct, bad public backlash and SS axed the portrait. Highly unlikely they would have axed it if it received universal praise.
Old 08-02-2019, 06:16 PM   #2760
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I honestly don't get the defiance on SS's part to go with this portrait?! Seriously anybody with a basic knowledge of geometrical anatomy can see she's off. The body sculpt is fierce
Its inexcusable tbh, hell had they filed down that heavy brow it would've improved it immensely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Scarecrow's fear toxin must've gotten me and my greatest fear has come true. Psylocke is exactly as she was in the production photos.....terrible
Commendable you would even admit it doesn't look to good as i knew you were a fan of it. The worst any of us can do is force ourselves to like something that we know in our heart doesn't look the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Yep...head is very well painted and no googly eyes...bit the sculpt is a total waste. Imagine all that wasted opportunity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
I see...but how did that face get approved? I mean it just flat out looks wrong...
Especially you admitting after spending so much money lol.