Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Love this picture.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 12:28 PM   #122
qz33
Doctor Doom

I want to see Yoda wearing a kippah now.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 03:54 PM   #123
mckinster
Fantastic Four

Heard back from Sideshow and a free replacement lower body is on the way for the toe issue! Amazing customer service. Highly recommend buying direct if possible.
mckinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 04:25 PM   #124
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinster View Post
Heard back from Sideshow and a free replacement lower body is on the way for the toe issue! Amazing customer service. Highly recommend buying direct if possible.
I truly wish that was financially viable. For this particular piece I can get this from Popcultcha for about $1,200 AUD shipped; but if I were to import this it'll cost me about $1,800 AUD, once you add in all the shipping, customs duty, customs handling charges and sales tax.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 07:27 PM   #125
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I truly wish that was financially viable. For this particular piece I can get this from Popcultcha for about $1,200 AUD shipped; but if I were to import this it'll cost me about $1,800 AUD, once you add in all the shipping, customs duty, customs handling charges and sales tax.
Yeah but you've got to ask is the extra $$$ worth the peace of mind knowing you have support from Sideshow rather than being on your own if you purchase from Popcultcha.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 08:42 PM   #126
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
Yeah but you've got to ask is the extra $$$ worth the peace of mind knowing you have support from Sideshow rather than being on your own if you purchase from Popcultcha.
Yes, I'm perfectly fine with saving 50% of the Popcultcha price. If a problem doesn't get rectified, I'll just return it if I can. Heck, with the amount I save, I'll still be ahead if one out of three or four statues happened to crumble into dust.

Popcultcha's price is fairly good (once you stack discounts), given the shipped price is usually lower than just the US retail price, before any shipping and taxes!

I dislike having to spend more than the US retail price. As it is, the % price increase for statues in Aussie dollars over the past 8-10 years that I've been collecting far, far outstrips the general US price increase, due to a weak Aussie dollar. And we've all read the usual complaints from local collectors, but I wish my AUD % increase was only by that much.
Old 05-19-2023, 11:47 PM   #127
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Yes, I'm perfectly fine with saving 50% of the Popcultcha price. If a problem doesn't get rectified, I'll just return it if I can. Heck, with the amount I save, I'll still be ahead if one out of three or four statues happened to crumble into dust.

Popcultcha's price is fairly good (once you stack discounts), given the shipped price is usually lower than just the US retail price, before any shipping and taxes!

I dislike having to spend more than the US retail price. As it is, the % price increase for statues in Aussie dollars over the past 8-10 years that I've been collecting far, far outstrips the general US price increase, due to a weak Aussie dollar. And we've all read the usual complaints from local collectors, but I wish my AUD % increase was only by that much.
Yeah I can see that you have a real fascination with beating the US price.

Me personally I'm happy to pay extra if it means benefits like getting a statue early and having support if something goes wrong. I think Yoda will be the last time I purchase a Sideshow piece from Popcultcha. Maybe even the last time I purchase a Sideshow piece in general.

Yoda looks awesome though so it's a nice way to finish.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 01:36 AM   #128
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
Yeah I can see that you have a real fascination with beating the US price.

Me personally I'm happy to pay extra if it means benefits like getting a statue early and having support if something goes wrong. I think Yoda will be the last time I purchase a Sideshow piece from Popcultcha. Maybe even the last time I purchase a Sideshow piece in general.

Yoda looks awesome though so it's a nice way to finish.
It's not so much about beating the price. It's about not having to pay more to get it in hand. I might accept 20% more to get the benefits, but definitely not 50%. Heck I've seen some pieces which ended up being almost double in price over what I would've paid via Popcultcha.

But if I had a well curated and small collection, with pieces coming in and out, I might be willing to spend more on each one; but once I started budgeting for more and more pieces, I started to see the amount of statues I was forgoing, just to get some sort of benefit. Which ended up with me not ordering direct from Sideshow anymore, just to get some Exclusive etc.

Even though I have dozens of Sideshow pieces in my collection, if I'm being honest, recently most of my funds goes to pieces that aren't always provided by Sideshow or even Popcultcha.
Old 05-21-2023, 07:04 PM   #129
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Have you always been this petty Gary? Lol sheesh.
No, I'm just tired of arguing with stupid.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 09:26 PM   #130
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
No, I'm just tired of arguing with stupid.
RELAX Larry, everything’s going to be okay bro!
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote