Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-21-2016, 11:23 PM   #11
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Heard they pushed it back to 2017, and that's fine with me, take all the time you need if it's making a great game
Delay's are always a good thing as the end result is always a better game. I just hope we see some more Mass Effect replica weapons from Triforce.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:43 AM   #12
built2shred
Phoenix

I can't wait for this game to come out.... HUGE Mass Effect fan... I think I played each one 10+ times

Another awesome games are Dragon Age and The Witcher...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #13
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I can't wait for this game to come out.... HUGE Mass Effect fan... I think I played each one 10+ times

Another awesome games are Dragon Age and The Witcher...
Agreed. All 3 series are amazing. The one sequel I keep hoping for is Red Dead Redemption. Damn, I loved that game!!
Old 03-22-2016, 10:21 AM   #14
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Agreed. All 3 series are amazing. The one sequel I keep hoping for is Red Dead Redemption. Damn, I loved that game!!
The current rumour is a Red Dead Sequel will be revealed at E3 this year and released in 2017.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:56 AM   #15
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
The current rumour is a Red Dead Sequel will be revealed at E3 this year and released in 2017.
Wow, really? I haven't kept up with gaming news for some time now. That would be absolutely amazing!!! Thanks for the heads up!!
Old 03-22-2016, 01:45 PM   #16
MrJones

Quote:
Wow, really? I haven't kept up with gaming news for some time now. That would be absolutely amazing!!! Thanks for the heads up!!
Oh it would be so amazing. Not many games qualify as a "stop everything and play" kind of game to me anymore now that I have to be an "adult" but both Mass Effect 4 and Red Dead 2 would qualify.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:04 PM   #17
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Oh it would be so amazing. Not many games qualify as a "stop everything and play" kind of game to me anymore now that I have to be an "adult" but both Mass Effect 4 and Red Dead 2 would qualify.
Mass Effect is actually my single favorite game of all time. There have been a lot of games/game series that I have really loved. Games like Halo, Fallout, Zelda, Elder Scrolls, GTA, Uncharted, Half Life, The Batman Trilogy (Arkham Asylum, Arkham City & Arkham Knight), Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, the old school adventure games from Lucasarts and Sierra, etc.

All that being said, Mass Effect simply struck a chord with me that surpassed any game I have ever played before. It had amazing characters that were truly likable and extremely memorable. It had an absolutely brilliant story with incredible depth. The gameplay was extremely entertaining and the art design was top notch. Even the DLC was some of the best DLC I have ever played. In fact, I would rank Lair of the Shadow Broker the single best DLC package I have ever purchased.

On top of that, the game had amazing collectibles. The replica weapons by Triforce have been outstanding, largely in part to the amazing job the design team did in regards to desigining the weapons. Honestly, the weapons that Triforce has produced are just the tip of the iceberg. Just do a Google search on Mass Effect weapon designs. There are literally another 15-20 weapons from the first 3 games that I would buy in a heartbeat.

Then you had the Bioware/Treehouse Mass Effect lithographs, which were crazy popular at the time and were some of the best videogame prints ever produced. I actually own all of the lithographs and all of the replica weapons and they are easily some of my favorite collectibles.

Honestly, I just can't say enough good things about Mass Effect, and yes, I was actually one of the people that loved Mass Effect 3. Again, Mass Effect was the best videgame series I have ever played. I have replayed all 3 titles multiple times over the last few years and I literaly can't wait for Mass Effect: Andromeda. I just hope we finally get a Femshep premium format statue somewhere down the line!!
Old 03-23-2016, 11:29 AM   #18
MrJones

OrangeCrush we have very similar taste in games! I absolutely agree with you, the Mass Effect series as a whole has provided some of my favourite gaming moments ever. Like as I played through them I really felt it was something special. I felt totally drawn in to the Mass Effect universe and felt at times almost like a spectator to events that were really happening. Something that some games miss the mark on. I really think what the series provided better than any other game was atmosphere. Every part of those games just felt so intricate and polished.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:43 PM   #19
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
OrangeCrush we have very similar taste in games! I absolutely agree with you, the Mass Effect series as a whole has provided some of my favourite gaming moments ever. Like as I played through them I really felt it was something special. I felt totally drawn in to the Mass Effect universe and felt at times almost like a spectator to events that were really happening. Something that some games miss the mark on. I really think what the series provided better than any other game was atmosphere. Every part of those games just felt so intricate and polished.
I completely agree. The games were heavily polished and just had so much depth to them. I really felt like I was a character in that universe. I will be turning 45 this year and I started gaming when Sears released Pong back in 1975. So I have been gaming for roughly 41 years now (damn does that sound crazy!) and my taste in gaming has definitely changed over those years.

I am at a point now where the single most impotant aspect to gaming is without question the story. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy great graphics just like the next guy and great gameplay is extremely important, but its the games with an amazing story that I wind up finishing and enjoying the most. Games like Dragon Age, Witcher, Fallout, Mass Effect, Alan Wake, Knights of the Old Republic, Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Walking Dead, Journey, Halo, Zelda, Half Life, Grand Theft Auto, etc.

I actually find myself getting bored with a lot of the games these days and I wind up not finsihing them. I'll play like 8-10 hours and then move on to something else, but the games with amazing stories...well, not only do I wind up finsihing them but many times I go back and actually play through them again. I played through the entire Mass Effect Trilogy 3 times and I have actually been tempted to pick it back up again lately. The last time I played it was like 12 months ago. I even replayed Kinghts of the Old Republic on my PC back in January.

The game I am really excited about right now is Quantum Break. I am really interested to see how the TV show is incorporated into the game and I am just a HUGE fan of Remedy. Alan Wake and Max Payne 1 & 2 are all amazing games. I have been waiting for Quantum Break since Xbox One first hit store shelves. The wait is finally almost over. A little over a week to go now!! And you also have the Day of the Tentacle remastered version that just came out. That is one of my all time favorite adventure games from back in the day. I will definitely be buying that in the weeks to come!! Just a hugely entertaining story with fantastic characters.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:43 AM   #20
MrJones

Quote:
I completely agree. The games were heavily polished and just had so much depth to them. I really felt like I was a character in that universe. I will be turning 45 this year and I started gaming when Sears released Pong back in 1975. So I have been gaming for roughly 41 years now (damn does that sound crazy!) and my taste in gaming has definitely changed over those years.

I am at a point now where the single most impotant aspect to gaming is without question the story. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy great graphics just like the next guy and great gameplay is extremely important, but its the games with an amazing story that I wind up finishing and enjoying the most. Games like Dragon Age, Witcher, Fallout, Mass Effect, Alan Wake, Knights of the Old Republic, Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Walking Dead, Journey, Halo, Zelda, Half Life, Grand Theft Auto, etc.

I actually find myself getting bored with a lot of the games these days and I wind up not finsihing them. I'll play like 8-10 hours and then move on to something else, but the games with amazing stories...well, not only do I wind up finsihing them but many times I go back and actually play through them again. I played through the entire Mass Effect Trilogy 3 times and I have actually been tempted to pick it back up again lately. The last time I played it was like 12 months ago. I even replayed Kinghts of the Old Republic on my PC back in January.

The game I am really excited about right now is Quantum Break. I am really interested to see how the TV show is incorporated into the game and I am just a HUGE fan of Remedy. Alan Wake and Max Payne 1 & 2 are all amazing games. I have been waiting for Quantum Break since Xbox One first hit store shelves. The wait is finally almost over. A little over a week to go now!! And you also have the Day of the Tentacle remastered version that just came out. That is one of my all time favorite adventure games from back in the day. I will definitely be buying that in the weeks to come!! Just a hugely entertaining story with fantastic characters.
You just had me very excited and then very disappointed in a very short amount of time. I loved Day of the Tentacle, literally last week I was talking to a buddy of mine saying they should re-release it, even on mobile. Then you said they did, alas it is on PS4 and I only have an XB1. Sad face.