Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-08-2017, 07:53 PM   #1591
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
I mean, on my end I'm still going to sleep with this thing when it arrives, so hopefully the fix is quick!
Hope you have a king size bed, because it looks huge!
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:23 PM   #1592
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
Yeah, man I hear you. The sellout thing was directed toward Gecktechs which I should have clarified so I apologize about that.

I mean, on my end I'm still going to sleep with this thing when it arrives, so hopefully the fix is quick!

I don't know, anytime I've had a legitimate issue with a product or service, I've always been taken care of. I mean, that's just good business. Very rarely have I gotten the cold shoulder or swept under the rug. Maybe I do live in a Winter Wonderland . All good man, this is what forums are for right?

Hopefully they expedite the fix for this thing and I'll make sweet love to it, ahem I mean display it when it arrives. .
Lmfao! Absolutely man
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:17 AM   #1593
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Hey fellas, just wanted to chime in on this. One thing I need to make clear - we did not try to brush off anything. The first FB post from the production facility check was specifically on the overbite or underjaw, it wasn't about the gap - just read that post again. When we saw a collector photo with the exaggerated overbite, that caught our attention more so than the gap. That overbite at least to us, was more obvious and critical and we wanted to address that first. To be fair, there are many who didn't really noticed the gap until there were comparison photos (and some don't see the issue of the gap - those must be non McFarlane fans lol). In that same FB post, we followed up stating that the post was specifically for the overbite jaw and that more updates would follow.

I understand true MacFarlane fans were anxious and critical, and maybe that's why some comments came off as 'whiny' or harsh. I realized the first post because we did not mention about the gap, some could have misunderstood that we were brushing things (or specifically the gap issue) off. Well, we weren't. We just need a little more time to investigate. In between the first post and the solution post- that was 6 hours. I think we did pretty ok.

IMO, I agree that some of the comments could have been delivered in more a cordial manner.

But that's ok. Passion sometimes makes us do or say things we normally don't. I'm sure many of us have been in situations where we say things we don't really mean when we are upset. That's what makes us human and uniquely individual.

So to those who were upset and misunderstood that we were trying to sweep things under the carpet, we will improve on our communication and be clearer. Listening to collectors' feedback is an important aspect of what XM means to us and we will never forget that. We cannot guarantee being able to make 100% things right (sometimes there are limitations due to how far the process is, approvals, costs etc) but we will always try our very best.

And for those who felt XM took some pretty harsh feedback, I appreciate you sounding out and trying to calm folks down. Remember people are just being passionate. They will calm down at their own time, we just need to welcome them back when they do. I'm actually getting emails from collectors who are upset we are delaying shipment because they are ok with a more open mouth. We know it's impossible to please everyone so don't be upset if not everyone is happy. Don't worry, we will continue to do what we do and win over the hearts of those we haven't done so.

At the end of the day, I'd like to think that apart from wanting great products, we also want to be in a community of mutual respect, positivity, pride and class. Let's just agree everyone wins at the end of the day from this incident and focus on the upcoming improved Venom as a result.

Happy collecting. Stay classy San Diego.

Last edited by shorudan; 04-09-2017 at 01:33 AM.
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:58 AM   #1594
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Thanks for understanding Bryan, I have heard some collectors may have been harsher on FB and I am not aware of what was said, and I agree that is not the best way to deal with things. I was just focused on the issue at hand and not all the noise. I dont think u guys were 'brushing' it off or 'not caring', but were giving it a serious look. Once you guys saw the comparison pics, you guys right away understood the concerns. But I totally understand how all that negative noise that was harsher, isnt easy for XM to ignore. So I apologize on behalf of my fellow collectors. You guys all do a tremendous job and we should try to keep the discourse as positive as possible.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:19 AM   #1595
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
Thanks for understanding Bryan, I have heard some collectors may have been harsher on FB and I am not aware of what was said, and I agree that is not the best way to deal with things. I was just focused on the issue at hand and not all the noise. I dont think u guys were 'brushing' it off or 'not caring', but were giving it a serious look. Once you guys saw the comparison pics, you guys right away understood the concerns. But I totally understand how all that negative noise that was harsher, isnt easy for XM to ignore. So I apologize on behalf of my fellow collectors. You guys all do a tremendous job and we should try to keep the discourse as positive as possible.
No need for apologies, bro. It's all good!
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:28 AM   #1596
krzykoopa
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
I didn't direct anything at you, but thanks for the essay.
I found it funny and ironic this statement came from a guy who makes 30 minute reviews (I like your reviews BTW keep it up).

I may never get my hands on XM venom but I still admire how XM goes about their business and honestly am extremely impressed with how they are willing to fix the McFarland head.

XM you really cant please everyone but the difference between pleasing those who want it shipped faster and those who want it done right, is years from now only 1 of those situations will be referenced in your legacy.
krzykoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:17 PM   #1597
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Hendry Haryanto

"Mr brock is in da house, what all the fuss was about? looks fine for me. Thx to XM Studios."

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:18 PM   #1598
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Hendry Haryanto

"Mr brock is in da house, what all the fuss was about? looks fine for me. Thx to XM Studios."

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:38 PM   #1599
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzykoopa View Post
I found it funny and ironic this statement came from a guy who makes 30 minute reviews (I like your reviews BTW keep it up).
30 minutes? I have literally not made one even close to 30 minutes...no idea what you're talking about, my vids are consistently around 15 minutes or less. Thanks for watching, though,
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:18 PM   #1600
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thansk for the pics ! This is just an amazing Venom, congrats to all those who got this!!

I hope Eddie Brock's tortuous mind is not coming out of us
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote