Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-15-2019, 11:52 PM   #171
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I can also say that I am sure that everybody who bought Lady Death (1 and/or 2), Vampirella (any of them), and Purgatori didn’t/doesn’t read the comics.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 01:53 AM   #172
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
If and when the license get approved, I can safely say you will see Man at Arms before Sorceress.
But please at least with one interchangeable head without moustache. The German fanbase (including me) will thank you!
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:07 PM   #173
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I just go by what’s made (namely by Sideshow.). For instance, we have multiple Rogues, Psylockes, Mystiques etc etc before we got Cable. Or for the Gotham line, we got Zatanna of all people prior to Nightwing or Robin. Let alone the multiple Harley’s, Catwomen and Ivy’s. And it’s not sad that their collected, not at all. It’s just sad that sometimes it delays the release of other characters. Sex sells.

I think we can ALL agree though we want both Sorceress and Man at Arms.
I prefer more characters over going back for 2.0 on existing ones. That said, plenty of male characters get 2, 3, 4, 5+ (Batman?!) statues made as well. I'd love Nightwing or Robin to happen for fans, but I don't see it as male/female divide, more a big name/smaller character issue. I love Wonder Woman, but I've been hoping for a Donna Troy or Cassandra Sandsmark before I add yet another Diana to my collection.

Sex sells, won't argue, but I do find it interesting within sub cultures a lot of female statue collectors are women and male statue collectors are men so I don't think statue purchases are driven just on that basis.

Ideally a line is complete and everyone is happy.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:19 PM   #174
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
1. look no further than the SS comic batman line
- poison ivy 4000 total es
- green poison ivy 2500 es
- new poison ivy 2300 total es
- catwoman 6000 total es
- classic catwoman 1500 es
- new catwoman 3750 total es

not to mention the two versions of harley quinn and two versions of batgirl

aside from batman the male characters released are:
- 2 jokers
- bane
- killer croc
- mr freeze (previewed)

2. its sad because people who want different characters like two-face or scarecrow may never see them because companies like SS know they wont sell as well as another version of the same female character theyve already done

for the record im all for sorceress getting made but i also want man at arms, battlecat, trap-jaw, beastman etc. tweeterhead does seem a little less one sided when it comes to releases though so hopefully everyone gets what they are looking for
If you focus down to one company and a single line I can see an argument. I could argue Prime 1 gave people Two Face and Scarecrow and never repeated female statues in their Arkham line.

I love their Justice League line (movie or New 52), but I always seem to get just Wonder Woman while there is Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash, and Green Lantern.

I completely agree I want more diversity in characters made, never argued against that.

I never claimed female don't get attention, but seems fairly even and varies line to line from manufacturers. I have no clue how a Nightwing or Flash (Barry Allen and/or Wally West) still haven't got a premium format.

Looking at MotU Line it has been pretty even and doesn't seem to be zero sum so hopefully in next three-five years everyone gets their favorite characters made.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:29 PM   #175
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

Just looking at sideshow and DC Catagory

Several Batmans
Several Supermans
Nightwing
Darkseid
Aquaman
Flash
Cyborg
Lobo
Black Manta
Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Joker
Deathstroke
Black Adam
Robin
Doomsday
Mr Freeze

The list goes on ... Your literally looking at a page that atleast 75% is built up of Male Characters.

Goto Prime 1 site.. Looked at "Whats New" .. 7 Pages ... only 10 Female Characters..

If there was a true basis to the claim, it would be seen quite clearly ... Again as said goto a convention with anime figurines .. The majority is Female. However these Premium statues are not that clear cut, and def seeing more male characters dominate this part of the industry.
DMSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:47 AM   #176
SONICobra
Batman

has there been any indication we might see hordak or any other MOTU characters at sdcc?
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:51 AM   #177
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
has there been any indication we might see hordak or any other MOTU characters at sdcc?
No, it is ready to go, but stuck in legal limbo. Once Tweeterhead get the green light it sounds like hit the ground running.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:48 AM   #178
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

Its a Hemsworth Pic for New He-Man Movie (Agree with the idea)

However the Teela and Man at arms in this pic Serious looks well with the MOTU line .. (all the characters are based off the statues besides those two)

What is the possibilities ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	55519524_2214263078608788_543368291280748544_n.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	121985  
DMSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:39 PM   #179
Acolyte
Birdman

Still no update for the Masters of the Universe line? My fingers are getting sore from being crossed all the time.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:37 AM   #180
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
Still no update for the Masters of the Universe line? My fingers are getting sore from being crossed all the time.
It seems that all MotU license holders are currently not sure if they can continue with it: https://omny.fm/shows/toy-power/113-...es-us-the-goss
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote