Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-16-2019, 09:12 PM   #1761
101son
Justice League

questions for anyone with a Pax display
after setting up before putting your statues in do any of you actually mount it to the wall like the instructions suggest?
i figure it should be good , especially if i have a heavy piece on the bottom but just curious how y'all do it.
101son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:30 PM   #1762
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I don't think it's necessary, but I've heard it's good to reinforce the shelves if you have multiple heavy statues to avoid bowing.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:09 PM   #1763
101son
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I don't think it's necessary, but I've heard it's good to reinforce the shelves if you have multiple heavy statues to avoid bowing.
yes im 100% reinforcing the shelves , thanks for the input
Old 03-18-2019, 07:07 AM   #1764
jello_slapper
Doh!

I recently placed an order for moducase 120's does any in the forms have any setup already?
jello_slapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:11 PM   #1765
Wah
Shadowhawk

yeah if anyone has their orders in and received id love to see some pics as well, as i'm considering buying these and would like to see some off ya'll setups
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:41 PM   #1766
never settle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101son View Post
questions for anyone with a Pax display
after setting up before putting your statues in do any of you actually mount it to the wall like the instructions suggest?
i figure it should be good , especially if i have a heavy piece on the bottom but just curious how y'all do it.
I did.... thru the mounts on the back to drywall anchors.. better safe than sorry.

ill be doing some shelf reinforcing.. a dude on FB that has a Dr. Doom shrine has some easy to do things to help make the shelves stronger. basically adding a closetmaid shelf bracket from home depot on the front and back edges of the shelves.
never settle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:45 AM   #1767
IMJeffrey
Doh!

Quote:
yes im 100% reinforcing the shelves , thanks for the input
How do you reinforce the shelves? I’m not good at that sort of thing so any help would be appreciated. I’m also thinking about getting two of the 29-inch wide PAX as I have some larger Sideshow Statues (Harley Quinn, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, etc.) and would be placing them — one per shelf — on the PAX. Thanks!
IMJeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:04 AM   #1768
101son
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJeffrey View Post
How do you reinforce the shelves? I’m not good at that sort of thing so any help would be appreciated. I’m also thinking about getting two of the 29-inch wide PAX as I have some larger Sideshow Statues (Harley Quinn, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, etc.) and would be placing them — one per shelf — on the PAX. Thanks!
Just buy some 1.5 inch or even 2 inch corner brackets from Home Depot.. that’s all you need . 2 on each side of the shelf , or one at each corner.
Then just drill them in with some 5/8 wood screws and your good to go .. 3/4 screws are too long I believe for the Pax unit , they might penetrate through to the other side ... these will almost guarantee your shelves from falling
If your ever worried about bowing(the shelf bending) , then just place a metal rod across the bottom of the shelf from corner bracket to corner bracket. Only ones needed , 2 is over kill IMO
Old 04-05-2019, 03:28 PM   #1769
Araxel
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Just buy some 1.5 inch or even 2 inch corner brackets from Home Depot.. that’s all you need . 2 on each side of the shelf , or one at each corner.
Then just drill them in with some 5/8 wood screws and your good to go .. 3/4 screws are too long I believe for the Pax unit , they might penetrate through to the other side ... these will almost guarantee your shelves from falling
If your ever worried about bowing(the shelf bending) , then just place a metal rod across the bottom of the shelf from corner bracket to corner bracket. Only ones needed , 2 is over kill IMO

Wouldn't bigger corner brackets help against the bowing too?

I'm actually not sure how stable the PAX frame is, is it okay to drill like 10 inch corner brackets in (suited for like 30+ kg each)?

And is the PAX side wall all "wooden" or is it just stable around the existing holes?

Maybe someone knows
Thanks for the ideas @ all
Araxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 03:32 PM   #1770
Araxel
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
That is an amazing looking display but seeing that fills me with dread, especially the OG Hulk PF on the middle shelf, I own it so I know how insanely heavy that piece is.

It reminds me of this horrific pic.

Holy.... this will give me nightmares.

I'm already worried about the Ikea particle wood, but putting that many heavy statues on glass with no reinforced frames is insane.
Araxel is offline   Reply With Quote