Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-02-2020, 02:39 PM   #31
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish3183 View Post
I'm curious to see the end product and color scheme. I wish the pose was slightly different though. I came across the attached fan art and thought that was a good pose. I prefer the other hand holding a skull and leaning on the throne.
If that fan art was the final product, I'd pull the trigger on it. I thought Neca nailed their throne. I love the Alien Queen Skull making up the majority of it. I also prefer the pose

I'd really like a Predator on Throne, but there are elements to the XM piece that isn't doing it for me. The colors and details are there, but I don't like the pose, the chair looks plain, and this predator doesn't look too intimidating that he should be sitting there.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:40 PM   #32
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
If that fan art was the final product, I'd pull the trigger on it. I thought Neca nailed their throne. I love the Alien Queen Skull making up the majority of it. I also prefer the pose

I'd really like a Predator on Throne, but there are elements to the XM piece that isn't doing it for me. The colors and details are there, but I don't like the pose, the chair looks plain, and this predator doesn't look too intimidating that he should be sitting there.
Recent pics showed the left hand holding a skull. I'm not a big fan of how his right leg is positioned but I'm holding out hope that the full reveal will interest me. Hopefully sometime soon.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 01:12 AM   #33
Sithlord32
New Republic

Just looked through the website and here and am realizing there’s a lot they are offering in the way of previews etc that I’m not seeing. Can someone give me a heads up on how I can stay on top of these previews so when pre orders go up o don’t miss out on allotment pieces. Thanks!
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:59 AM   #34
Python
Omega Red

Facebook groups mainly I believe.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:37 AM   #35
dao2
Cyclops

Most use FB these days for news, but lotta stuff generally gets posted here as well if you want to stay away from that.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:20 AM   #36
Python
Omega Red

It's up on Spec fiction for $1750. I really like it but probably won't be getting it for what it'll cost to get it to the UK and through customs etc.
Old 03-21-2021, 03:29 PM   #37
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyluzZ View Post
HMMMMMMM im like 90% in....I feel like the base coloring and the skull being grey is a miss. Makes it wayyy to same tonal and cluttered. Happens alot in XM pieces, too much details for nothing. However from my experience, XM pieces in person ALWAYS blow my mind vs photos.
Also would like an unsmasked portrait
100% agree. This was my first though also; the skull with spine on the armrests should be 'bone white' and not dull grey.
Also the lower part to the side of chair looks a bit rough to me.

Don't know but should the monster on the floor not have some pieces of flesh and blood (fresh kill). And the teeth should not have same color than the skull/bones.
Nice statue, but for the price have to think about it.
Edit, for europe price is to steep.
And why do they already create confusion about size, calling it 1/3 on the banner and Supreme Scale (none scale) on the actual webpage.

Can someone else also do the scale calculation, 80cm compared to his upperbody, to me looks close to 1/4.
Acc wiki large preds around 8-feet, so 243cm. This statue x4 is around 254cm (8.3feet). When this is the King, I would say 1/4. Correct me if im wrong.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 05:35 PM   #38
RyluzZ
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
100% agree. This was my first though also; the skull with spine on the armrests should be 'bone white' and not dull grey.
Also the lower part to the side of chair looks a bit rough to me.

Don't know but should the monster on the floor not have some pieces of flesh and blood (fresh kill). And the teeth should not have same color than the skull/bones.
Nice statue, but for the price have to think about it.
Edit, for europe price is to steep.
And why do they already create confusion about size, calling it 1/3 on the banner and Supreme Scale (none scale) on the actual webpage.

Can someone else also do the scale calculation, 80cm compared to his upperbody, to me looks close to 1/4.
Acc wiki large preds around 8-feet, so 243cm. This statue x4 is around 254cm (8.3feet). When this is the King, I would say 1/4. Correct me if im wrong.

True its more 1/4 than 1/3 in my opinion aswell.......yeah I dont know what to do about this one...the skull color and all that...dont think there will be any changes sadly...plus no unsmaked is just weird and sad...

Im in Europe aswell, price is very high, I didnt go with the Prime1s Predators...yeah have to think about it.

Already know I would display it with the "sword", love that right arm pose, looks relaxed and badass with it
RyluzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:38 AM   #39
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyluzZ View Post
...Already know I would display it with the "sword", love that right arm pose, looks relaxed and badass with it
Paint scheme should be awesome from start, to much trouble to redo parts afterwards.
Yes the sword and skull-hand would be my choice too.
The closed fist does not add much.

I did PO Prime1 BG Predator1 and just decided to ordered the Pred2,
bcs news from Infinity Studios about Pred1 (tree) just takes too long. They don't answer questions.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:14 PM   #40
Python
Omega Red

I don't mind the silver skull, It just looks like it's a metallic part of the throne to me. I think I like pretty much everything about the actual statue. The only thing I don't like is the price which is the only reason I likely won't be getting it as much as I'd like to.

Oh and the none specific scale, don't like that one bit and I hope they stop it immediately. It's bad enough that Prime 1 have done a few none scale Predators lately. That seems to be down to licensing issues however, I'm not sure XM have that problem so it seems unnecessary here. Just make it 1/4 or 1/3 and remove any frustrating confusion as to whether it will fit in to our existing collections.